Four Legged Revival

I write a lot about animals, and don’t know what I’d do without their warmth and comfort. It’s one of the few things one can count on.

If I couldn’t pet, stroke or nuzzle a cat or dog throughout the course of my day, I think there’s a good chance I’d go mad.

I need their assurance that whatever is happening will heal and pass. Animals live in the moment, so they remind me, it would be in my better interest, to do the same.

My day begins at 6:30 am with Rosie, the florist cat, who greets me on my way back from Starbucks. She rolls around with enthusiasm so I’ll rub her belly before going in to get treats, a daily ritual.

I feel my heart rise with every tender touch.

Meet Rosie.

get-attachment-4

Sometimes just seeing photos of our four-legged friends is enough to alter our mood and make life a little brighter.

Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

images-45 Can you do this? Betcha can’t.

images-43 We met at the pound…love at first bite.

images-1 God I hate getting old. I honestly thought you were a plant.

images-48 Who said I need my ears pinned back? I kinda like how I look.

images-47Wake me when Homeland comes on…and I wasn’t snoring.

images-50 This is my brother Teddy. We had different dads.

images-2 Please Lord, let him call? I’ll never dig an inappropriateย  hole again, I promise.

images-44 Don’t look…here comes the scary part.

images-3Can’t you go any faster? I’m late for shul.

images-40Now do you see why we should cut our hair?

get-attachmentHow bout a two for one? Just so you know, we’ve all had Tic Tacs.

get-attachment-28 This might feel a little cold.

csc_0051 I never said I was Liberace.

images-42 Excuse me, but this sink is taken.

images-46 Sometimes all a woman needs is a big, strong man to hold her…

images-49 and sometimes, all it takes is a big, sunny smile ๐Ÿ™‚

AWE

Google Images

Jimmie Chew rockin on piano…E. De Pietro

This entry was posted in animals, friendship, humor, Love, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Four Legged Revival

Cracking photos Susannah.
    I’m surrounded by nagging women. Smudge will pester me for a walk as soon as I get home. As soon as I get back from walking her, the chickens are pecking at the patio doors for their dinners. As soon as they’re fed, I have Maeve to contend with. I wouldn’t change a thing.

2. All Monday mornings should start this way!

Another great start to my day, Susannah. Cats have the best bellies, they just beg to be rubbed. Cats lay in such a way as to show those cute bellies. And so few cats let us touch them there without getting our hands and wrists turned into hamburger. I can’t tell you how many times I couldn’t withstand the temptation, even though I knew what the consequenses would be.

4. jimmie chew says:

omg, love all the pics, priceless.
    i met a lady a few days ago who when i said i have 4 cats said, omg they are so dirty, your house must be so dirty. i said “no my house has never been cleaner because i clean for the cats now”.
    you can eat off my floor now s.b. and they do. before the cats i think i washed my floor three times last year, now i wash it two times a week!
    animals make us better people!

5. Vasca Beall says:

Love animals and Susannah, you absolutely made my day. Thanks…

6. love the photos! I agree a hug with your dog is the best. I love waking up to my smelly, old pup and see him excited to see me… it’s either that or he knows he will get food and go outside soon, have never determined why he gets so excited… ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. katecrimmins says:

Nothing lowers blood pressure like pets unless of course they want you to feed them at 3 a.m.!

8. D. D. Syrdal says:

Love the captions, the “Plant” was hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great pictures and the captions are so Susannah…funny with a kick.