There’s Spring In My Step

Winter is not for me. Between my multi-layers making me look as if I’ll tip over and cheeks that may never need blush again, I’ve had it.

The snow with its blustery wind may have put me over the edge.

I had a near cyber catastrophe on Friday in the midst of the storm. For some mysterious reason I woke up and hit Mackeeper on my computer thinking a little laptop clean-up might be a good idea.

It’s a new year after all.

BUT I WAS WRONG, SINCE ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

My blog looked raped and pillaged, all my dear friend Alex’s artwork gone. get-attachment-3I couldn’t reply to comments nor upload any photos.

In a panic, I called the Genius Bar at the Apple Store who said to come in ASAP. Hiking 20 blocks in that blizzard, a cute guy named Giles, fixed the problem primarily by getting rid of Mackeeper who should keep his two cents to himself.

Come to find out it’s not even a Mac product.

So there I was trudging through snow drifts my Mac wrapped in plastic. I could have used a sled and a dozen dogs; Thin girl of the Yukon, in Polo of course.

How I long for warmer weather.

I want to wear a T-shirt and no bra…a pair of tights or capris that show off my ankles with a pair of J Crew Viv patent leather flats I haven’t bought yet. 198.00 bucks in assorted colors like bright persimmon and rococo red. 71801_OR6087

Feast your eyes on the Jaguar of shoes…drool if you must.

My biggest decision will be what color to choose. How will I ever decide since they remind me of the gelato at Sant Ambroeus that’s almost as pricy.

I could always just go for basic black so shiny and lacquered you could see your nose in the toe. Audrey Hepburn comes to mind in Sabrina and Roman Holiday, Paris When It Sizzles and Love In The Afternoon.   images

I’m tired of ski socks and long underwear, wellies and hats…especially hats that crush my hair and give me a headache.

Spring, where are you? You haven’t called or written…I keep thinking you’ll pop in for the weekend just to give us a little break.

How bout it..hmm…

can I lure you here for a coupla days?

You’ll be making a thin girl so happy…and we could sit outside somewhere since knowing you you’ll bring a breeze to blow that hat right off my head.

You’ll marvel at my new shoes that if I knew you were coming, I’d run out and buy the second the store opens.

What’s a couple hundred smackers if it means spending time with you.

I’ll even pick up the tab. What are you drinking these days anyway?

A Tequila Sunrise, an Orange Blossom?

I know, how bout a Manhattan, straight up?   images-1

I like New York in June, how about you?

This entry was posted in dessert, humor, New York City, Uncategorized, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to There’s Spring In My Step

1. Apple stores really should invest in ambulances, just a thought. The Mackeeper has been popping up on my computer as well, but I’ve been too lazy to click on it…thank God and thank You for the heads-up.
    Oh, if anyone on this earth is getting those flats in an amazing color, with a matching amazing name, it’s YOU! I can hear them screaming your name all he way down here in Philly.
    I’m done with old man winter too…don’t let the door hit him in the ass on the way out!

• I almost forgot…Your picture is the BEST E V E R…love love love the added lipstick!

• Love the last line…yes…DO NOT HIT MACKEEPER EVER…I mean the panic I went through. I couldn’t open email. They wouldn’t come on my cell. It was a cyber desecration alright. I asked them at the Genius Bar how they could use the name, implying they were Apple. They agreed it’s a huge problem. The first thing Giles did, all of 25 years old…just penned him a thank you note by the way…was delete Mackeeper. He was like a cop chasing a robber through the window. The minute he was gone, things improved, with major tweaking of course. I was never so relieved to see my blog fully dressed on my life. Made me see how much it has come to mean to me Top.

Oh dear! H and I just bought Andrew a MacBook Pro for Christmas! I will have to advise him. Wouldn’t want him to lose any of that music theory or aural skills homework he detests. 😞 I too, had a technology dilemma with my handy dandy cell phone – my source of all social media and life-line to the world! It’s all I could focus on for two weeks from the looks of my blog! Hahaha. We need spring in Florida too. It’s supposed to be in the teens tonight! Who would have thought? Stay warm!

3. katecrimmins says:

That is so funny. I had a panic attack yesterday when my email wasn’t working for 3 hours I couldn’t get emails. Normally it’s not a problem and I may not have even noticed but I was waiting for some messages to confirm activities for today. (Yes, I know I could have used the phone but it’s not the same. The person who will send you a concise 2 word response will keep you on the phone for 40 minutes about minutia!) As for the shoes, I envy you. I don’t do well with ballet flats. There is something weird about my feet that make the point of the shoe point the wrong way. Then again I have skinny feet so getting them narrow enough is always a problem. I love the red and you can never look Italian unless you grow a mustache and let your hair grow really long and tease it.

4. gmg says:

I’m with you……just HATE the cold weather. Love the pix of you in black and white with the vivid lipstick. Thanks as always for your funny blog!!
    gmg
    ps get the parsimmon!!

5. I hate it when your computer fritzes out! It’s like watching your life disappear in slow motion. You suddenly know what it’s like to be on a deserted island. I am so glad your blog is back and whole! I could not function without my dose of Thin Girl! The pictures are gorgeous. Personally, I would love a bit of snow, we have the cold, the wind and rain, just hasn’t turned to snow yet. Keep warm, and yes, spring is coming, promise you, it is!

Just love your new picture.
    It’s been really warm here, though there are floods and gales heading our way.
    I don’t like cold weather, though after two years in Singapore, I missed the Winter. I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense.
    IT problems are another whole nightmare. How dependent are we on our electronics?
    Good post Susannah.

7. It is -15 and lower in Chicago today! I wrote about my distaste for winter today as well. I’d also go with the red Jaguar shoes 😉

I’m with you, Susannah. I HATE the snow. In my teen years, I broke up with a steady beau because he put a wad of snow down my back. I was being a real bitch at the moment, but no one puts snow down my back and gets away with it!
    I was at a wake, funeral mass, and gathering this past weekend for an Italian uncle (almost 96). For anyone reading my blog, it was Uncle Mike L., father of Annie. His three daughters, their daughters, and all the female cousins from his side of the family all looked alike at various ages. The guys had the same basic look too. Tons of yummy Italian food, except for the non-Italian pot of chili I brought.
    I handle the winter by counting mid-February as the beginning of Spring.

• Sorry about your uncle, and I bet your chile was a nice change from all the pasta I’m sure was crowding the table. If anyone put snow down my back, I’d kill them. You’d be reading about me from coast to coast.

I remember winter in the North. Grew up in northeast Ohio with all the lake effect snow. Not so bad when you are a kid but beastly when adult. It is in the 20’s and windy here and will be again tomorrow. Then in the 60’s this week end. Weird but it is SC.

10. You should come over here for a bit. It’s not spring, but it’s definitely a lot warmer than there and there’s no snow at all. By the sounds of it, you’ve been getting some pretty severe weather lately.

• Yes we have. It’s 11 degrees at the moment dropped from 50. We had a whiff of springs just long enough to yearn for it again. I’m in bed under my quilt all toasty grateful my heat, which tends to go on and off, is streaming along. Enjoy your warm temperatures. As always, nice hearing from you.