A New York Diary

51n-HM6fiJL._AA160_This is the cover of my first eBook. I’ve had it ready for months, but got it in my head I needed a geek to come over to assist, who was so expensive, that money matters caused a chronic delay.

It’s certainly not the same as a hard cover by any means, but it still has its merit in the cyber world we now live in.

I didn’t do it for money per se, it was more to produce something…like having a baby…twenty-five to be exact.

I have numerous essays about New York. For me less is more so rather than fifty, I chose half of that so not to overwhelm or get bogged down with too many.

Essay reading, along with writing them, is my utmost favorite genre. To pick a theme then run with it really floats my boat. The fact that most of them don’t exceed five-hundred words also pleases me. Sometimes they do lengthen since I allow them to go where they need to be, but for the most part they’re pretty clipped. Hemingway said and I’ll respectfully paraphrase, “When you sit down to write God is wielding the pen remember, and when he’s done for the day, so are you.” I appreciate that image since you do have to wonder where it all comes from. You start with an empty page and an hour later have a piece preening on it in all its printed glory.

It stands to reason the Great Creator, how ever he’s envisioned, had a hand in it.

A friend of mine made fun of how low I priced the book. Again, it’s not about money. It’s about seeing your work out there, up and running hoping to engage, entertain and enlighten.

I highly recommend it.

The artwork I’m so in love with was done by my friend Alexander Blaise who did the graphics on my blog as well. www.BlaisePhoto.com

There was also a stirring photograph he generously gave me to commemorate September 11th, since I end with a piece reflecting that day. My limited cyber skills, however, didn’t allow me to include it, a major disappointment.

Want to thank M, my editor who did such a great job and Amazon who made it all possible.

My graces to you all.

Susannah

www.amazon.com/Kindle

This entry was posted in Books, Gratitude, humor, New York City, women, writing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to A New York Diary

1. Congratulations! Shouldn’t we be throwing a shower or something to welcome this new arrival? I’ll make little chocolate reading glasses to give out as favors. This is so exciting!
    I wish you nothing but success and happiness with this venture. The cover is perfect and I have no doubt that the contents will not disappoint!
    Cheers for all that is good!

• Oh God you’re so funny. I love the reading glasses…can they be dark chocolate since it’s healthier? You can hardly see the cover because I took it off of Amazon. The one I have in my file is so huge…when I downloaded it it looked like a billboard. I’ve yet to master the art of photo reduction.

To be honest, my biggest reason for putting it up is to glean a credit. But you’re very nice to congratulate me. It’s very appreciated. I almost didn’t post it…felt a little icky preening but…act as if, my new motto. Thanks Top.

2. jimmie chew says:

🙂 looks good!

3. katecrimmins says:

So glad you posted! It’s on my Kindle waiting for me. I have been thinking about doing this with specific topics. I can do a book about the cats. I get higher readership when I write about them. Obviously they are more interesting than other aspects of my life. I also wanted to write about my years in human resources (from a humorous perspective). You are an inspiration. If you really wanted a paper copy for your bookshelf you can do that through blurb or one of the other services but a Kindle version is cool. And it’s not about the money because there isn’t a lot from these ventures until you get to be Stephen King or someone like that. The accomplishment feels good.

• I think you should put one up…I too love when you write about Morgan and company. It doesn’t cost anything, and with the exception of having to consult NASA, it’s pretty easy to do.

Thanks for downloading it Kate. I’m kind of embarrassed since I don’t take a bow well, but will do my best to get over that. Thank you, really, thank you!!!

4. joan blake says:

Kudos to you Ms. B for accomplishing something so many of us could not and bringing a smile to us. Have gone thru twice and will more it is nice to skip and chose and relax for a few minutes and enjoy. Thank you. JB

5. Congratulations, Susannah! That’s a great feeling to finally have the finished product in your hand (or on your Kindle). I just bought a copy and am looking forward to reading it. I like the dedication. You didn’t include the link to it in the post, but I looked it up on Amazon. Congratulations again and I hope it sells very well. 🙂

• You’re so kind to buy it. I had mixed feelings about posting it for that reason. I’m not a great self-promoter I’m afraid. I thought I had added the link at the end. At least I meant to, but shy Susannah may have gotten in the way. Thanks David. You made me smile.

• My pleasure. 🙂 I’m not a great self-promoter either. I thought I did okay with Giselle, but then I saw some of the month-long marketing efforts other people did and realized I hadn’t done much, comparatively. Of course, in an environment like WordPress, a lot of people have ebooks and the people who really beat the drum in your ear for a month are kind of like those friends who keep trying to sell you Amway (how’s that for a dated reference?). Not that you’re in any danger of that, of course. 🙂

• You’re very funny…all the way from Korea. That will never cease to impress me…how far away you are.

6. Reblogged this on The Green-Walled Tower and commented:
    A blogging friend, Susannah Bianchi, just released a new book. Read about New York from the perspective of a model and a writer (http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Diary-Susannah-Bianchi-ebook/dp/B00K3Y7LZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400334929&sr=8-1&keywords=a+new+york+diary)

7. quirkybooks says:

Congratulations. A striking cover.

Susannah, as soon as I finish the book I just started last night, yours is next on my list. I can’t wait. I enjoy your posts, so I know this will be a good read!

I hope this goes well for you Susannah. I tried to buy a copy but my Amazon account is misbehaving. I will crack it eventually. 😉

10. AF says: