Lights Camera Aspirin

images-1 I’m here with severe leg cramps courtesy of Prednisone packing her bags. I can’t say I’m sorry I’m no longer taking it, just sorry she has to go out with such a bang.

Modern medicine…there is that downside.

I don’t mind being awakened liking to write in the wee hours. There’s such a peace in it when all you have as company is an occasional taxi whooshing by.

What I do mind this particular night is it disturbed the dream I was having.

It was spring as far as I could tell having so little on. I was walking where there were mighty trees flanking me on all sides. I was happy in this dream till suddenly the ground started to shake and out popped my mother in a shirtwaist and apron holding a platter of some food I couldn’t identify. It was probably my father, over-light. Damn that Prednisone. I went from the Rainforest to hell without passing go.

This is when a kitty to talk to would be a nice thing to have. Cats always get up when you do since they are true opportunists. They just never know if a fish may be in their future. I remember Missy, my last cat, would follow me into the bathroom blinking when I turned on the light. She’d sit at my feet while I half consciously peed, trailing me back to bed fish or no fish. I must say I miss that feline camaraderie more than I can say.

Yes I know…Susannah it’s time you make that little trip to the pound.

This entry was posted in animals, food, friendship, Home, humor, Love, New York City, parents, women, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Lights Camera Aspirin

1. good blog,follow back my blog please

2. Lynn says:

There is a beautiful kitty somewhere, just waiting to be brought home for Christmas. Of this, I am certain!

3. katecrimmins says:

Yep, time for a trip. You’re ready!

4. If you do make a trip to the pound, would you go with a cat then? I was picturing you getting a dog. Still, maybe cats take care of themselves a little better.
    By the way, I always love your titles. Quite snappy and memorable. ๐Ÿ™‚

• I woke up with that tile from the dream I had…I never post on the weekend, but it seemed apt. I am too neurotic to have a dog…would be so worried if I wasn’t here, which is often, spending money I don’t have on walkers. Cats are so independent, as you know. They almost prefer to be alone…needing their downtime just like you.

I’m just losing ground over the up and coming loss of Carmela. Today I had her for an hour and found myself stopping in mid walk to hug her…she’d rise to the occasion and lick my face in kind. Heart’s heavy David.

I can’t cope with you blogging erratically. I’ve got used to only having you five days each week and biding my time at the weekends. It’s good to hear from you but I didn’t know to look. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know how much you will miss her. It’s tough.

Susannah, I tend to get leg and/or foot cramps if I wear certain shoes too many days in a row (but they look so good). I take Aleve before the cramps come and it almost always wards them off. The Aleve works great for any muscle pain.

I had to back up from yesterday to catch back up or I would have missed this post too. You see, I read your comments too! The first thing I noticed was your background change. Love it – I loved the other one as well! Get that cat while you are in the mood and before you change your mind. A nice little furry Christmas present for yourself. Andrew and I went to the pet store yesterday to get some advice on his and Jordan’s goldfish he has custody of over the holidays. She jumped out of her bowl and H found her all dried up at 5am. He put her back in her bowl and she’s alive but sluggish. A is so upset, hoping he won’t have to tell her bad news. A cat IS so much more self-sufficient. Who would know a goldfish was so needy? LOL I can’t write about her on my blog – yet – because Jordan reads it and she doesn’t know Lillie is on the critical list!

• I love that she was sluggish…I’m sorry…tickled me for some reason.

My friend Alex jazzed up the girls last Xmas, so I thought it would be nice to bring them back for the holidays. They were my first home page till he changed it last year.

I get a kick out of them, and you were the only one who cyberly noticed ๐Ÿ™‚