Clooney For President

I love George Clooney, married or not and must say – Mrs. Clooney is a real looker.  images-1 But who else would the Cary Grant of our time choose to walk alongside him. images-4

He was interviewed by an idiot after giving a large sum of money to a cause.  The guy, much too snide and smug said, “So George, what made you fork over all that cash?”

Without missing a beat, George said, “Because I can. “That’s when I knew, I’d gladly fly to Como on my own nickel to personally wash his windows.

Generosity is relative.  Most of us aren’t blessed with the wealth of a George Clooney, but we can still give what we have.

I saw an embroidered pillow that said: Give Till It Hurts – but we don’t have to go quite that far, but point well taken.

When I’m asked, “Why did you just give that bum half your sandwich,” I say, “Because I can.”

That seat on the subway I give up to another who really looks as if they need it more than me is simply because, I can.

If I don’t have cash, my usual state of affairs, I’ll smile and ask, “How ya doin today?” Or tell someone they look nice currency coming in many different forms.

We give what we have, because we can – we were blessed with that choice.

Love you George.  images-3

This entry was posted in Gratitude, humor, Love, money, travel, Women and men and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Clooney For President

I definitely agree with your assessment of Mrs Clooney: clever, caring, slim, tall, dark: what more could any man ask for?
    I’m less convinced about charity though. It’s good and it makes a difference to both charitor and charitee alike. But I wonder if it’s not just papering over the cracks; giving us an excuse not to overhaul our processes; duck ensuring that the world is fed, watered, sheltered, healthy, educated and safe?

Great post Susannah! Really makes sense. You don’t have to be wealthy to give – a gift from your heart works just as well! ~Elle

Susannah, I agree wholeheartedly that currency comes in many forms. A sincere compliment can brighten any day (or week). And Clooney is one cool dude.

4. Lynn says:

I commend George & others like him, for giving back, because he can. I work in the world of charitable giving & I can attest to the impact it makes to a life, each & every single day.

Whether you are gazillionaire or an average person, it matter not. Each of us can make a difference.

5. Sure money is always good but it truly is the thought that makes people warm inside. If the money doesn’t come with the same thought, it’s just not as good.

6. bob181 says:

it makes a lasting impression that isn’t forgotten ( 1972 ).

7. I learned a new phrase today…”Because I can.” Your right Susannah, he does look like Cary Grant! I knew there was a reason why I like George. Yep…just give. ;O)

8. Great post, Susannah. If we all do what we can, the world is a much better place, even if we can’t give as much as George Clooney.

9. I agree, give what you have, and even if it is only a smile and a compliment, it may be the only smile that person gets for the week. It doesn’t take much to bless another. You are a great example of this Susannah, so proud to know you.

10. Kate Loveton says:

‘because we can’ – loved this! A good way to look at life.

And who can resist Clooney – not me! 🙂

11. I couldn’t agree more. You do what YOU can. Kind words or a tray of can go a long way.