Is A Blowjob Really That Important?

No, this is not a rhetorical question.

The young girl upstairs is beside herself because her beau switched brands, so to speak.  He’s found himself a redhead who apparently looks like an action figure.  Now my neighbor isn’t exactly Bo Peep, so I can only imagine the ass-ets on this new conquest.  images

“She’s sexier than me,” my young friend said, going through a box of Kleenex.  Youth can be pretty clueless, since she’s seriously sexy in her own right.  When a man jumps ship it really has little to do with you.

It’s more about, vanity, timing…how many beers he’s had and some woman who has successfully sneaked into his pants.

Let me toss in, she’s probably also a first-class bitch, always the ultimate turn-on having learned this the hard way, no pun intended.

I wrote about my ex screaming on the street, he was tired of me being so fucking nice, the bard that he is.

That will always be a mystery to me, how niceness repels.  Of course it shouldn’t, after having a witch of a mother who couldn’t keep the men away as she flogged them with her lasagna.

My dearest friend Jackie, no longer with us, for years, every time I had a heartbreak would say, “Susannah darling, you can’t make a man love you.  All you can do is be your wonderful self and hope he’s smart enough to realize it.”

Men are dopes…YES MICK THEY ARE.  Mick, my loyalist follower, will undoubtedly take umbrage, but so be it, you Britaineer you.

For a few moments of...oh yesthat’s it babyyeah yeah yeah…you toss away someone with substance, sweetness and passion, only for you.  That’s not to say she’s a geisha you can walk all over, but she’s the one who won’t leave you at your broken-down worst.

These little midnight numbers are like moths fluttering around making holes in life’s sweaters.  Just because they love how you taste doesn’t make up for the ulcer you will soon have.

I ache for that little girl.  When I told her she’ll meet someone else, the same thing Jackie always told me, it didn’t help anymore than it helped me.  First wounds run deep since they come with no scar tissue.  She’s a babe lost in the New York woods needing more than a map and cab to find her way home.

She’ll rally, but not before she bleeds like a lamb, sweet, innocent thing that she is.

This entry was posted in alcohol, Beauty, friendship, kids, Love, New York City, parents, sexual relationships, Women and men and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Is A Blowjob Really That Important?

Susannah, it’s true, the younger you are, the more you focus on the immediate moment. And having a guy dump you, even if you might have been thinking of dumping him, is a major moment. The feelings of rejection and inadequacy know no bounds. Until a new and improved partner mosies on into your life.

You’re wrong: I agree with you, we are dopes. We don’t understand physical attraction but we’re subject to it. Can’t seem to get the required separation between bollocks and brains. Please have mercy.

Live and learn. Sometimes the learning is heartbreaking, especially when men are involved. Once you think you know them and poof! The next minute the’ve turned the tables on you as you know. It’s so hard seeing someone else hurt as your neighbor is and not be able to do anything about it. ~Elle

4. Your post makes me glad I’m not in the market. All the angst and suffering! Better to focus on making yourself independent because that often attracts men. Still….it’s painful. Let’s hope Sir Galahad comes along for a distraction.

5. Mike says:

(Sneaking into the blog.)
    I’ll probably lose my man card for this, but men are douche bags. If your friend wants the secret of the ages have her go to YouTube and listen to “The DUFF”. I believe they may have made it in to a movie.
    And for what it is worth, I dumped a perfectly sweet, smart and sexy girl that was ready to put out(I had cold feet),.for a bitch that never put out and dumped me.

6. MIke says:

Life gets busy. Doing good, nice to catch up some on my favorite blog. Hope/pray all is well with you. 🙂

7. MIke says:

“The DUFF” was made into a movie, but they made it into a comedy. The audiobook is really much better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veHY3AIwRUY

8. I have often said that many women seem to hunger after the “bad boy”. Now, I hear you saying the same about some men. I suppose that makes sense, all things being equal.
    Personally, I am where you are – if you are talking long-term relationship type, then the wonderful women may or may not be the most beautiful physically, but, as you say, they will stick with you and you just have to be nice to them also so they will become even more beautiful.

9. God it’s tough out there.

10. As soon as I read the Title I laughed out loud, thinking of this line from Sex In The City … “Hey, they don’t call it a job for nothing.”
    Any who … as for this poor lamb of a neighbor you have, I wish she could morph into the future 10 years to see how this guy will be no more than a bleep in her long life. All that wasted energy of a freaking bleep!

11. “That will always be a mystery to me, how niceness repels.” – I could not agree more with that statement. I grew up with my mother constantly saying “men don’t like women that are nice”. I secretly thought I could prove her wrong, but the older I get the more I realize that she was on to something. On another note I am glad I found my way to your blog again. Blessings 🙂

12. I agree with you that men are dopes, and that’s from both observation and personal experience. Maybe women are dopes too, but it’s probably a different kind.