Taking Back The Reins

I feel as if I’m in a runaway carriage.  There is so much going wrong at the moment while I sit helpless unable to hit the brakes.

We have no control over people, places or things.  All one can do is lay back and more or less watch the scenery.

I often wonder why I’m treated so badly by other people.  Why do they leave?  Why am I not valued more?

It’s about them, I’m told.  But when it happens over and over, are you really not somewhat at fault?  Have a part in it…some collusion?

I tend to blame much of what occurs on my hearing loss.  It’s shunned, as if it has leper qualities.  Fear of contagion, making others run feeling totally justified in their callous retreat.

Have I done that, I’ve asked myself, believing in karma the way I do…the law of cause and effect.  I am so hurt by others cringing to think, could I have done the same to someone in kind?

All things pass, comes to mind.  This will too.  This feeling of lovelessness.

It all boils down to owning the responsibility for our thoughts taking back the power from others who make us feel small.

Taking back the reins.

Like Glinda said to the Wicked Witch of the West…you have no power here!  Begone, before somebody drops a house on you.

Now there’s a thought.            maxresdefault

This entry was posted in Faith, Love, war and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Taking Back The Reins

Wise words! It is so easy to over-react. Most folk are careless, at worst. I doubt anyone really means to do you down. So shrug a shrug, smile a smile, and forget it. Words are gone, as soon as they can’t be heard, and that’s PDQ.

2. Ugh….been there and that feeling is no fun. I’ve had times in my life where I really let my head get the best of me on this, which was awful. Don’t overthink and ride on!

Oh no, Susannah. Time to buy a nice bottle of wine, get snuggled in your new apartment, and lose yourself in a good book.

4. hocuspocus13 says:

Reblogged this on hocuspocus13 and commented:
    jinxx💚xoxo

Their loss Susannah. But wanting to be liked and loved is human nature for most people. I think there is so little trust in the world these days people aren’t sure how to react when niceness comes along. All you can do is keep on doing what you do. Do unto others as you would have then do unto you…~Elle

6. Good for you Susannah for taking the power back! Any time someone chooses to leave my life I say a prayer wishing them well and I thank God for that blessing. I truly believe that that person or thing that left was not good for me and God is making way for bigger and better things. I try to be understanding that not everyone is meant to stay, some just came to teach us a lesson and help us grow. I also accept some of the blame for their leaving. Something in me caused them to feel bad about themselves, perhaps my beauty or intelligence (lol) You are just too classy for some people! Blessings! 🙂

7. oops sorry for making the comment all about me, but I so identified with your feelings in this post.

8. Lynn says:

Ugh, I have experienced this more times than I care to remember. I am an all inclusive kind of gal & it hurts me to no end when that inclusiveness is not reciprocated. I just don’t get it!

9. I think everyone goes through this at some point. It can start young. “Why am I not the popular one? Is something wrong with me?” Unfortunately that theme can continue. But you know all that. I always thoughts Italians had more Teflon (thinking of those Dons here). Then again, they just smooshed their enemies!

• Italians are famously sensitive. Even Clemenza, and Luca Brazi. Remember him at Connie’s wedding practicing his speech? He was so touched to be invited. He apparently had to leave early to bump someone off, but hey. It was,his job. Morgan, your car, has tougher fur, I mean skin than me.

I know of what you speak. Sometimes I feel as if I am invisible especially at work. That started around 50 something and gets worse by the decade. It doesn’t help to be an introvert…always a rebel but a quiet one. Still, life is good and there is joy to buffer the sorrow.

• Your last sentence hits home. I find myself listing the good to balance feeling sad, like throwing heavy weight off a boat. Another trick of mine is feigning cheer…don’t ever let them know…Nora Ephron once wrote. Always nice when you write.

11. Acceptance is very important to our well-being. Ah hell with it, screw em all! Grab the wine, Susannah. 😀

12. While I have a reservation about a full belief in karma, I do know that you kinda get what you sow. Basically, that makes sense. However, what you must look at is the fact that here, online, you have a tremendous number of friends who love you as a person – I do. You make me smile; you tell the truth; you face life. All of that inspires me. Please hold onto us. Some may leave; others will come. We care, Susannah B.
    Scott