Blog Life 5 Years Running

Happy Anniversary with WordPress.com!

WordPress is so thoughtful….

especially when it asks for its annual 29 bucks, as they put it, to be part of the team.  Team this, I always say, as I haul out AmEx.

I think they should at least send fruit.

I can’t imagine life without my blog since it feels like a marriage having gotten used to one another.  It puts up with my erratic sleeping patterns, I its low days when no one reads it.

Sigh…we both say, as I, with tunnel vision, scrape together another piece.

When it was sired 5 years ago, I wrote 7 essays a week, like a kid with a new toy. Then changed to 5, taking weekends off though I still write every day.  Now I’m thinking 3, and if feel the urge, can always add another, but think, Thingirl might be losing her charm, like Oh Calcutta after 1,382  performances with the same cast.

I’m so grateful to my faithful readers who know who they are, my humility knowing no bounds.  I’d rather have 10 people who truly like my writing, than 100 who only stop by if I visit them.

When I participated in Friday Fictioneers and read many of the essays others wrote in 500 words or less, they all came a’callin.  Since then, not one ever came again.

Sigh…

But who wants 30 LIKES on their page if they’re not authentic?  Not me, that’s for sure.

The blog is a place where I can do what I love most and that’s to write.  Oh my, he’s the love of my life, the written word, and for under 30 bucks I am divinely graced.

So here’s to another season its reason being love, and I thank you all for your continued warmth and constancy.

It truly means the world.

Susannah

This entry was posted in Books, Gratitude, humor, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Blog Life 5 Years Running

1. Rob says:

Susannah on Saturday is definitely a great start to the weekend.

2. Ross de Marco says:

Politically I don’t think we’ ll ever see aye to aye , that aside ,as a writer I hold you in highest regard . Your dedication to your craft ,most admirable . Wishing you the best in all your endeavors .

3. Hal says:

So well said! Always a pleasure to read, just keep going !

4. Loretta says:

Your scribbles leave me food for thought. Always look forward to a unique perspective from you. Congratulations, well done, wishing you and your pen many, many more.

5. Hey it’s Saturday and there’s a Susannah post! Woo hoo! I will hit my 5th year in a month. I have never posted as frequently as you but sometimes I think I’ve posted about everything I know….twice. Yet, another thought comes to mind. I always think that you post for yourself. It’s cheap therapy at $29/yr and you find the best people around. Congratulations on your tenacity and post at a frequency what works for you. We will be here to cheer you on when you do. Happy anniversary! (Did WP send roses and wine?)

Five years – WOW! I have you with my morning OJ though lately I’ve been slacking and have to play catch up on the weekends for fear I’ve missed something important in your life…now an extra post this week is another joy to read. Never give up your writing. It’s what makes you you, Susannah. Isn’t that what you continually tell me? You are right about your readers. The consistency of the faithful whether you’ve ticked them off or made them laugh is really what matters the most.
    Here’s wishing you many more years of wonderful stories with WordPress! ~Elle

7. Congratulations! Quite an achievement.

\O/ Quite the accomplishment. Congratulations. You always have something to write that is worth reading. Your posts are emotional and smart not an easy duo to pull off. I always read but don’t always comment…sometimes I have nothing to say or can’t find the words for what I do have to say. Write when you will and I will read.

9. I’m nearly at five years myself. It does get difficult to stick to the ambitious schedule of the early days, doesn’t it? I often abandon an essay because I feel like I’ve said all that before. This makes your accomplishment especially meaningful to me. Congrats!

Congratulations, Susannah! I think I’ve told you before, that you are the only blog I follow. My work day starts with a cup of Café Vienna while reading you!

11. 5 years!!! Time certainly does fly when you’re having fun. I remember when you wrote that post about dropping down to 5 days a week … we go back girl, way back. Not to mention the first essay I read, when I dubbed you the Badass with as Baguette, which still holds true today.
    Cheers to many more!