Things I Hate

imagesNOISE….Hey, when you’re hearing  impaired, life quite often sounds like you live in a beehive.

I try hard to stay in gratitude since, it feels a whole lot better…to go where it’s warm, like they suggest in 12 Step.

But things do drive me crazy, so here’s a few.

Litter, spitting on the sidewalk.  People who don’t pick up after their dogs.  People who pull them while they’re still peeing and those who leave them tied up by the curb.

Breeders.  Healthy, homeless animals getting put down for lack of space.

Ignoring the elderly, cheapness, refusing to share.

Donald Trump’s audacity running for President of the United States.

Hillary Clinton being the only other viable candidate.

Bad toupees, Brussel sprouts and BO.  get-attachment-2

Terrorism, child abuse, dog fighting rings, elitists who just don’t care.

Fear…false evidence appearing real.

Pollution, slumlords, grime and greed.

Jealousy in women.  Boasting, rudeness…the ill-mannered and impolite.

Men who look at you from the crotch up.  Men who don’t look at you at all because you’re not 16.

Old men with young girls.

Young girls with old men.

Cheapness.  Yes, I’m saying it twice.

Smokers, drunks, thieves and intimidators.  Abusers, arguers, and assholes across the board.

ISIS, its loyalists having no respect for human life, even their own.

Nightmares of September 11th.

Those who have no respect for the police, or fire department.

People, having no respect for me, remarking on my thinness.

Plastic surgery gone wrong.  18 year-olds getting boob jobs as graduation gifts.

Texting while walking, inappropriate cell phone use.

Bad, overpriced food served by snotty waiters.

Shopping online, Linkedin invitations, spam offering penis enhancement that isn’t transferable.

Websites who never respond to submissions.  Publishers who curtly blow you off.

The limitations of age, how you’re judged by your years not capabilities.

Thanks to the internet, privacy being a thing of the past.

People impatient with my hearing issues.  My impatience with them.  Doctors with no empathy saying, I’m too emotional about losing my hearing.  You lose a sense you fucking asshole, then tell me how you feel.

Losing friends no longer desiring my company, my heart, breaking, watching them slowly backing out of my life.

The world in general is shot fulla holes, so it behooves me, and you, to stay where it’s warm, no matter what season it is.

So tell me, what are a few things that drive you wonky?

This entry was posted in animals, humor, men, money, New York City, Women and men, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Things I Hate

Quite a list!
    I’d add “folk who see violence, particularly military action, as the answer to everything”, “avarice”, and “religion”.

p.s. which one is the dog guilty of: bad toupees, Brussels sprouts or BO?

Cruelty, particularly to animals.

Liked by 2 people

….oh and folk who pick their noses in public.

…and thanatoid idiots who drive too close to the vehicle in front.

Susannah, I’ll eat your Brussel sprouts for you, yum. And you can have my macaroni and cheese, yuk. I think I’m the only person in the world that doesn’t like it.
    I agree with 99% of your list, right on target. I would add cancer, dementia, and all diseases that slowly rob a person of their life’s enjoyment.

Liked by 2 people

• One’s list can always be longer…I’d still be writing Skinny since I only touched the surface. Yes, cancer and dementia. And I do like macaroni and cheese, even Kraft though I try to abstain since there’s enough sodium in it to kick a corral of livestock. Thanks,always,for writing. I look forward to what you have to say. 🙂

Yes, quite a list and you touched on many on my list. I’d add channel surfing. Ha! I know that’s mineable, but anytime I watch tv with H and get interested in something he flips the channel. Sometimes if I look away for a moment and then back up its a whole different ballgame – and that too sometimes. And commercials are a thing of the past because he flips through them and if he does go back to what we were watching in time we’ve missed a few minutes of it. This is trivial, but gets on my nerves! And he wonders why I would rather read. ~Elle

8. nikkispeaks says:

You’ve pretty much touched on everything, but at the risk at being repetitive. I hate men especially, who lack even the basic of manners. I’m so tired of being pushed around by grown men on new york city’s transit system. I think that a lot them would push me to ground if they could get away with it. I choose men specifically for this, because it is ALWAYS men. I’m not asking for a seat, or for doors to be open for me. Just that I not be toppled when I know they are clearly aware of me.

• I agree Nikki, train life is not always fun…rudeness prevailing. My favorite is when the fattest person comes to sit down next to you, clearly not fitting, and now you’re pressed against the person on your other side who now looks like a pissed off pancake. Yes, let’s hear it for the New York subway system. Thanks for writing and politely elbow those men. 🙂

9. Love your list and I’m with you on on counts. I would have to add turning a blind eye. I’m the one who is usually screaming “Oh, you’re gonna act like you didn’t see that?!”

Liked by 2 people

10. I was agreeing with almost everything on your list. I got angry with people being impatient with you… what irritates me…. hmm… after spending a summer being Florence Nightingale , I have a very long list… but, people not understanding and people asking for unrealistic things are my top things right now… We actually had someone (an extended family member) ask us to sell our new home and move back to the lowcountry so that we could help them out…. yeh, real sore spot there… I am now taking a deep breath and hopefully will go back to where I can be in my ‘quiet’ place…

11. Gail says:

I agree with all of the above except shopping online. Brick and mortar stores have salespeople that either ignore you or follow you around until you buy something, both of which I hate.