Can A Leopard Change Her Spots?

I’ve never been a lover of animal prints.  Hey, I’m from Connecticut.  Back when I lived there, if you walked down Main Street in spots of any kind, they’d shoot you.getpartThey don’t call it The Nutmeg State for nothing.

But in my twilight years I’ve become quite fond of prints, especially leopard.

J.Crew, the new Tiffany of sportswear, is exploding with it:  slacks, skirts, shirts, even shoes, and it’s all sexy as hell.   images-7

My mother is rolling in her grave.

LEOPARD?   SOLIDS…GINGHAM…MADRAS, YES…BUT ANIMAL SKIN?  HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?

Years ago, and you’re part of the reason, so you can’t hold that against me.

I’m really diggin the shoes.  Flats  images-5 with a little dip in the middle to show off your instep to its best advantage, and who knew leopard went with everything?

EVERYTHING…EVEN YOUR PAJAMAS.

What did you say Ma?  If you weren’t dead you’d kill me?

Tough luck.

Now the downside…anything leopard is very pricy, including faux, and of course toss in animal advocates who feel, even fake leopard is sending the wrong message, so be prepared to pay the price on a couple of levels.

I say, over 60, all bets are off fashion wise anyway.  Let’s face it, there’s not much out there exciting to a woman of a certain age, so when she finds something, she deserves to run with it.  Imagine a pair of leopard shorts images-1 with a matching sports bra.

Now I can’t wear fur, I can’t…I’ve tried, but a make-believe cat donning my tootsies somehow feels okay.

Uh-Oh…

apparently there’s a crowd outside looking for me.

Better switch to my Keds before going out there.

Of course I made that up.

sigh.

This entry was posted in animals, Connecticut, Fashion, humor, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Can A Leopard Change Her Spots?

1. It seems to me that if you wear fake leopard print, it’s a compliment to the leopards, imitation being the best sort of flattery and all. They’d still probably try to eat you if they could though. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Susannah, I agree with David. Imitation is fine and is a compliment to the beauty of the animal. No one is hurt. If I wear a flower print it doesn’t mean I want to pick all the flowers and stick them on me.
    By the way, love the shoes!

3. Rubenstein, Hal says:

We missed you for a day or two, everything ok ?

Hal

4. My all time favorite was a pajama set I had as a teenager. It was a leopard print top with stretchy black bottoms. Too bad I wore it out before I was of age to “show it off.”

I rarely wear animal prints but I love those shoes! Wear what makes you happy Susannah ~Elle

6. Arthur says:

I’ve had a pair of snakeskin (not sure if real or fake) cowboy boots since about 1992 that, for style, are by far my favorite footwear. Also my motorcycle jacket has snakeskin inserts – I mean, certain things are simply required! 🙂

I like animal prints. Have a rug in my entry hall that looks like tiger. Had a cheetah print skirt but it shrunk…or maybe I expanded. Either way, it went to Goodwill. Get the shoes!

8. Rob says:

I can only say that it looks good on leopards. I guess I’m prejudiced against because of how it finds favour with the white stiletto wearing, buggy and a fag brigade. I’m such a snob!

9. I’ve never been an animal print girl either. Not for any particular reason, but I must say I love these pieces. They are subtle enough to get your point across without looking a zoo display. Some people go overboard with these prints, mixing zebras with cheetahs hitting the street like a human jungle.

Ps> Get the damn shoes!