Kim This

images I’m amazed at the press over Kim Kardashian being robbed at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room after putting all her jewelry on social media. That’s like blaming fishermen for fishing after loading your pond with trout.

Yeah, I know, they tied her up and left her in the bathroom. Where else would you put her, in the kitchen? Trust me, she was in a suite.

This is what’s wrong with our present day society.  We think she’s worthy of our concern and attention.  Apparently 9 million dollars in jewels were taken including a diamond ring the size of Pluto her husband, Kanye West, gave her worth over 6 million bucks. What happened to candy and flowers?

To be famous for no good reason, and your ass just isn’t a good enough one, is shameful.  Just ask Jennifer Lopez who at least, is still trying to prove she can act.

The headline read, KIM COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED.

What about all those other people who really have been killed?

But of course, the Kardashians are much more important than let’s say, Syria?

It’s hard for me to give a damn since who is she, but a professional celebrity without cause.

Celebrity…the state of being well-known, should come with merit.

Women like Emma Lazarus, Rosa Parks, Clara Barton and Susan B. Anthony earned their fame.  I’ll add Eleanor Roosevelt, Billy Holiday and Patti Smith who still sings for her supper. Hey, even Kate Moss is more deserving than Kim because she at least works for her David Yurmans.

Kim’s like a dress without a lining, a shoe with no soul, doesn’t matter if they’re Manolos.

As an aside, her father, the late Robert Kardashian who died in 2003, was OJ Simpson’s best friend standing loyally by him throughout his trial.  Even her dad, despite the circumstances, had more gravitas than his one-ply offspring.

You know Kim, if I were you, I’d sell the jewels I have left, go on a low-carb diet and volunteer somewhere.

Then I’d be happy to read about you.

This entry was posted in humor, money, shopping, war, words, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Kim This

1. Rubenstein, Hal says:

Well said

2. Lynn says:

I have never understood the fascination with this family!

3. Why should she go on a low carb diet again?0

4. Hear, hear! There are more important things in the world for sure. If you don’t want stuff stolen, stop bragging about it.

5. George says:

She was robbed in a seventeen thousand dollar a night suite. Really? Imagine the size of the bathroom!
    It amazes me that her app which allows people to follow her around generates tens of millions in revenue. She’s on the over of Money magazine.
    And she’s done nothing with her life but promote her ass.
    Only in Anerica.

We (i.e. the media consuming public) pay her to do what she does. She only performs to the yardstick by which she is measured. The only way to be rid of her and her kind is to stop paying. Meanwhile, we get everything we deserve.

I don’t get it either, Susannah. And she isn’t the only celebrity that leaves me scratching my head. She has done absolutely nothing to be famous. As for the news coverage, maybe Donald and Hillary didn’t say or do anything outrageous those few days so her ‘trauma’ filled in the gap.

8. Watching the “Breaking News” from my sofa, I screamed “who fucking cares?!” I’ll assume you heard me. Poor Peanut and Landon are still scared.
    As if this attention whore needs to be feed any more. Her, that fat ass of hers, and those crocodile tears will be collecting an insurance check that will make everything better. Just the thought of that bank account gaining yet ANOTHER undeserved decimal point makes me crazy.
    Blood pressure at a new high right about now Susannah..thanks for the morning jolt. Sorry for going all out hood in my comment, but know I held back significantly on my swear words.

Well, I was out of town all day yesterday and didn’t keep up with the headlines so this is news to me. If I had been keeping up, I probably would have skipped over it. I’m with you and everyone else. What’s the attraction there? ~Elle

10. nikkispeaks says:

I’ve purposely scrolled past every time story about the last few days. This is a lesson to everyone because bragging about where you are and what you have seems to be the purpose for social media.

• Social media has ruined society in my opinion. It’s all anyone does anymore. There’s such a high frequency of chaos on the streets and everyplace you go. What is so important 24 hours a day that you have to check in every second. The Kardashians are perfect examples of all that doesn’t matter.

11. People who are famous because of fame seem to be the new American royalty. I feel bad for her for getting robbed because that must have been a traumatic experience, but you’re right that there are much more serious issues in the world.