Those Wacky Debates

images-2 Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Steve and Edie.

Where is P.T. Barnum when you really need him?

Wouldn’t it have been great if Jumbo was the moderator?

Trump:  If I win, I’d lock her up.

Hillary:  Look out, he’s right behind you.

And next up folks, we have our two classy candidates on the flying trapeze.  You have to love the New York Post for getting to the heart of things.

Don’t think for a minute I’m advocating for Trump or Mrs. Clinton for that matter, but the truth is, his caddishness doesn’t affect me one way or the other.  Yes he groped women, made crass remarks and used money to seduce.

The big question…but can the elephant lead?  Their mutual loathing of each other is getting us nowhere.  Well maybe to the nearest bar.

You can just hear our country crying in the wings, what about me?

We as Americans, to our credit I’ll add, forgive the flaws of our leaders, potential or otherwise.  We haven’t the luxury not to.

Even after learning about JFK’s extra curricular activities, we still love him.  And what about the blowjob that was heard around the world?  We still like Bill, who very well could be our very First Gentleman.  Let’s see him pull that off, along with a rabbit out of his hat.

We are privy to their crimes…her email issues, his psychotic Tweeting.

No longer living in innocent times and I say that very heavy-heartedly, with terrorism on the rise, lude behavior, secret missives and an Oval Office blowjob just take a backseat.

I wish our candidates had less lore for us to ponder and more integrity to warm us, but that’s just not what’s on the table.  We need to clear off the dirty dishes, truly deciding,…

WHO WILL BE THE BEST TO LEAD???

Jumbo, are you available for comment?   images-4

This entry was posted in History, humor, media, Politics, violence, war, Women and men, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Those Wacky Debates

1. Rubenstein, Hal says:

Cute !
    Best,
    Hal

2. Quite frankly if I had to debate him I’d come packing heat. He knows how to hit the buttons. It’s not a reality show and I’m not interested in reality shenanigans. They should cancel the third one. Debates have outlived their usefulness.

Liked by 2 people

I watched the fist hour then picked up my book. I was sure H would fill me in later…and he did! I never have liked reality tv. ~Elle

Liked by 2 people

4. gmg says:

He is a disaster. She is much brighter and more capable. He is pathological to the hilt.

5. Joanne olson says:

I was feeling guilty about not feeling more disturbed over the groping video. Your words helped me get over it. They are both so flawed.

Liked by 3 people

6. Gail says:

I can’t understand why Hillary engages in his nonsense. His ignorance speaks for itself. If she would have just answered the questions fully and ignored him, letting him bury himself, that alone would have made a statement. Instead, the mud-slinging went round and round until they were both covered in filth.

• He’s just getting to her is all. If he annoys us the way he does, one can only imagine what he does to her. I’m sure she feels she needs to fight, show strength against a bully, but the word mud-slinging cuts to the quick.

I find what George wrote rather arresting. I never heard it put quite that way. sigh

• Gail says:

I agree with you and George as well. I’ve been behind Hillary, not just because she’s the lesser of the two evils but because of her vast experience and (the only thing I agree with Trump on) she’s a fighter who never gives up. That’s why I’ve been disappointed at her presentations. Now is her time to shine and I am not seeing that light coming through. All I see is a dark time for our country.

• She may have a nervous breakdown before this is over. This election has absolutely no grace to speak of. I’m shocked at the people I know who are planning to vote for Trump. It’s bewildering and the biggest reason? They hate her so much. I think Isis is influencing our senses. Of the two, there is no other choice but her for better or worse. I forgive all her transgressions a good day to do it since it’s Tachlich in Hebrew. May have spelled it wrong. It’s when you go to the river and toss bread for your sins. Not bad for a shiksa, right? 🙂

7. George says:

They’re both liars. They’re both despicable human beings. One more obvious, one more politically polished and subtle about it, but both despicable. It’s not a matter of forgiving either of them it’s a matter of detesting both of them.
    Three hundred million people in the greatest country in the world and this is what we’re left with.
    It’s embarrassing, frustrating and depressing.

Liked by 3 people

8. nikkispeaks says:

“I see a straight line from the announcement of Sarah Palin as the vice presidential nominee to what we see today in Donald Trump”- I’m careful about politics online, but this is just the way I see it as well. I just want to get this election over, its causing me too much anxiety.

• I think many of us feel that way. The headlines day after day are what disturb me the most. I don’t follow the news or even online. Watching the debates is the only time I tune in and it sure seems enough. It’s a real dog and pony show, minus the charm. Don’t be anxious since believe it or not, this too shall pass. 🙂

Forgiveness is laudable but it seems like “the tail wagging the dog” to me. Surely, the question you should be asking yourselves is why, in that great (maybe greatest) nation, could you not choose two better contenders, from amongst your three hundred and twenty million citizens, than those self-serving nasties?

Liked by 2 people

Susannah, I agree that DT’s oogling and inappropriate touching/kissing/etc. doesn’t bother me as much as it would have thirty years ago. I just assume that at least half the big stars and politicians over fifty feel they have the same right. And many of the younger generation, but the mentality is slowly petering down (ha, ha). Underneath all the abrasive behavior of the two candidates, I’m trying to decide which would be the more effective leader. Not an easy task!

11. I think it’s time we all took a good long look in the mirror. These two shrews are a reflection of what we’ve become as a society. The issue is not who is fulfilling their sexual needs in or outside of DC, it’s our complacent response to it as a society. We have become a nation not “divided” but diverted by the focus of these minuscule issues while the walls are falling down around us.