Who Will Be Our Next President?

Soon it will be over, the long, desperate drumroll will finally cease.

Who will it be…Bonnie or Clyde?

How bout, we just toss a coin since either way Washington’s bones will rattle.

George, by the way, didn’t even want to be president.  He was asked to be, reluctantly leaving his beloved Mount Vernon to lead, best he knew how, enveloped in honor and humility.

I can’t imagine him tearing apart anyone in a debate, or Tweeting nonsense, or sending secret emails.  And if Martha fooled around with some minuteman, you can bet there would have been hell to pay.

When George was at the helm, our country came first, the reason he stepped up in the first place.

Despite the advanced age in which we live, that should still be the case.  I’m tired of our candidate’s egos sparring in the ring.

Sick of the tabloids lurking like hawks waiting for the next indiscretion to drop.

I’m waiting for Hillary to have a heart attack, from all the stress, and Trump to implode from being such a colossal asshole.

When George stepped down he recommended John Adams, who then put forth Jefferson, succeeded by Madison, Monroe then Andrew Jackson who, if were here, would simply shoot both candidates.

Even Andrew, with his collection of war crimes, would be more fit to lead.

Where am I going with this?  To my voting booth on November 8th to toss my coin.

Then it will be over.  The drumroll, finally, will have ceased.

images-3    images-5

Sigh.

This entry was posted in History, humor, Politics, war, Women and men and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Who Will Be Our Next President?

So ready for this to be over. The voting part anyway. I doubt it will ever be over – no matter what!

I can’t remember who said “If voting ever changed anything, they’d make it illegal.” I don’t agree, in principal, but I wonder if it’s not true for you lot, this time around?

• This time around is unusual, no doubt about it. The outcome will be like flat champagne…no pop to speak of.

• micklively says:

I’ve not spent long in the US but I was aware of a groundswell support for the sitting president, even amongst those who had not voted for him. A “he’s our president, right or wrong” attitude. I didn’t ask how folk regarded past mistakes (Nixon?), with the benefit of hindsight. I wonder how folk think now that they will be thinking about Clinton/Trump in ten or twenty years time?

• I don’t know, but the leader of the free world isn’t what he, or she…used to be. This election is a reality show no one cares to see.

Whether our candidate wins or loses, we will all be giving thanks when this monstrosity is over. And then, whether its Bonnie or Clyde at the helm, we’ll be holding our breath.

4. The problem is that it may not be over when it’s over. The orange candidate has made it clear that he will protest if he isn’t picked. Ad nauseum!

5. Gail says:

I agree with the comments that the antics and uncertainty will not end with Election Day. There is so much angst at a highly emotional level on both sides that I expect turmoil will follow either winner. People will try to drive impeachment proceedings for Hillary’s past indiscretions and Trump’s incompetence. I predict that voters on either side will be unwilling to accept the results this time around. That’s the bad state of affairs we have right now. Scary times.

• You sound like Peggy Noonan, the way you described the presidential aftermath. I haven’t a clue of what’s going to happen. My gut says, it will be Hillary, the lesser of two evils if you squint, who will continue to be chased due to these emails. Such a witch hunt whether she’s extremely guilty or not. We’ve turned into such savages the way we take people down. Another revolution Jefferson would call it, who would more than likely be in favor of it. No one liked a good uprising more than Tom. Thanks for writing. Always a great pleasure.

6. The constant negativity is wearing thin on my nerves. I might have to shoot the TV if it continues after the 8th …. I just CAN NOT.

• How John Wayne of you. Make sure to wear an apron. Gunpowder I hear stains. 🙂 Gail wrote something interesting. She feels voters either way, will retaliate. Can you imagine? Have we completely gone round the bend?

7. Yep, welcome to the Divided States. 😀

8. Ross de Marco says:

When the watergate hearings were happening I watched them daily . Sam Erwin head of the investigation came to town I went to hear him speak . I was completely engrossed in the entire affair , having felt so betrayed by my government . Nixons erased 18 minutes of a tape . His crimes were minuscule compared to the witch now being hunted . Strange how now we with the conservative stance are now perceived as radical deplorables . Donald Trumps economic outline so well laid out at Gettysburg and more recently in Michigan are so on track for the direction of our nation . God bless Grest Britain for opting out of the EU which is swallowing Europe into a globalist ( read communist ) tyranny . Hillary Ckinton deserves to be prosecuted , you may not ” like ” Mr Trump but he has great vision for this nation . Hillary has betrayed our nation and the public trust sorry kids no matter how you spin it she is not above the law . One mans opinion .

• I don’t like Mr. Trump, that’s certainly true. Am I mad for Mrs. Clinton? No, however, he’s not exactly the finest example of who’s fit to lead either. He’s crooked in his own business. How can you think he’s good for the government. We’re in trouble leadership wise across the board.

And the least you can do Mr. de Marco, as you’re in the process of prosecution, is to spell her name right. 🙂

9. Ross de Marco says:

You can call me Ross . lol 😘

10. Ross de Marco says:

Hey! I’m Italian – gotta eat !