Should I Kill Myself, Or Go To Lunch?

Christmas sure brings stuff up, like dead bodies bobbing in a lake.

Toss in Bill Hick’s birthday, and I’m ready to update my will.  Yes, I already have one, but my bequeaths have changed.

That’s what happens as years pass.  The guy who dumped you, you’d love forever nonetheless you left your pearls to, not quite remembering why, requires a rewrite.

Sigh.

No Babalu for you young lady.

You’re unconsciously wearing a mantilla, what’s known as an Italian veil, wondering why they don’t make black Xmas lights, decking the halls with boughs of bourbon…fa la la la.la, la la la…

HA.

Merry, unless she’s a skilled barmaid, doesn’t mean a thing to you.

I’m not alone.

The wounded, still sporting a limp, a little more obvious on holidays, salute you, our sores hidden the rest of the year making a Yuletide appearance like no other.

Imagine Santa doing a pole dance drunk, packin a .38, then you might understand.

However, we still try, to deck those halls, even if it means we’re a little tipsy.   images

This entry was posted in alcohol, humor, women, words and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Should I Kill Myself, Or Go To Lunch?

1. Coyote from Orion says:

In some hospitality venues in this city there can sometimes be little variance between the two

Liked by 2 people

2. Duke says:

When in doubt go for the Jack Daniels.

Liked by 2 people

3. Coyote from Orion says:

You guys have some fantastic comedians. New York must be amazing. Saw a video yesterday of a guy who was great. Would love to go into New York by ship.

Liked by 2 people

4. The holidays have different meanings for different people. They also change from year to year. I’ve had years that I dreaded them and years that have been fun. My mother got sick twice during the Christmas holidays. It’s January I dread. I’ve had a lot of loss that month and I never know what it has in store for me. I wish you the best.

Liked by 2 people

Alcohol is a powerful depressant. You need that like you need a hole in the head. Do as I say and not as I do.

Liked by 2 people

6. I remember my Aunt Rose wearing the mantilla of gloom for what had to be 25 years after my uncle passed away. I was in 3rd grade when this started and we still weren’t getting Christmas cards “due to the grieving” after I finished grade school, high school, got engaged married & divorced, feel in love again, remarried and had kids.
    Thinking about this made me realize what a waste of time & energy that was.
    Thank you Dr. Bianchi!

Susannah, don’t any of your friends have Christmas parties? If not, maybe you could have a girl’s night with a good Christmas movie and lots of bubbly. Let everyone bring an appetizer, dish, or dessert to pass. One of my favorite parties I threw was in my first home, a 12×60 ft trailer, for around 40 people. We were almost wall to wall in every room, but lots of fun. So a small NYC apartment is no excuse.
    And I love your image of mantillas and black light bulbs. Back in the ’60s I had a black lace mantilla and thought it made me look soooo romantic.

Liked by 2 people

8. I had a black mantilla once, loved it… of course you would rock it much better than I ever did. Depression and blues, those things right under the surface of the carols and lights… ever present, just more pronounced during this season…. this, from me, who cried when she saw her dog’s stocking that won’t be hung up for the first time in 16 years, and then his beloved bow tie that does not have a collar to go around any more. I am trying to think how to place it on his grave, but cannot stop crying long enough to figure out how to do it. I am so sorry… would be nice to get together and lean on each other’s shoulders…

9. I could have sworn I commented on this before, but apparently not. I must have read it on my phone. Anyway, Christmas is an especially hard time for people; it’s almost like it can never be a normal day, it has to be proportionately either great or terrible. (By the way, you have some really powerful imagery here. like the line “Loss, that uninvited guest that keeps showing up, leads your pack of emotions like a crack addicted orchestra leader…think Ricky Ricardo, with a needle in his arm minus Lucy.” I mean, dang. That’s fabulous writing.)

• Lucy lurks in my thoughts despite the theme. Loss and Christmas should be oxymorons since merry the masses don’t seem to be. Such a shame really. remember when we were little and all Noel was aglow? Sigh.

This reminded me we have to go over those wills, a chore we keep pushing to the bottom of the pile! As soon as the 26th arrives there will be another let-down Susannah. It’s rush-rush-rush, then it’s over for another year!