Best Line Of The Week

I’m standing in line at Panera, a father and one whiny kid in front of me, screaming because she can’t have a lollipop the size of Montana at 7 in the morning.

My ears in peril, I decide to intervene.  I say to little Damea, “you know what…I think I have something for you,” reaching into my trusty, old Kate Spade, producing a more modest lolli from the bottom of its depths, lolling like a sugary lifeboat.

I look at the dad for approval.  He nods.

“You can save this for later,”I say, like Nana in Peter Pan, images if she could talk that is…and dad says,

“You’re so nice…are you on medication?”

Now there’s a thought.

This entry was posted in dessert, Family, food, humor, kids, New York City, parents and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Best Line Of The Week

1. Rubenstein, Hal says:

Very funny.

Hal

2. Do you suppose only those who were medicated were ever nice to his whiny hiny daughter? I’m impressed that, once again, you intervened to help someone. Wonder what other magic you carry in your pocketbook???

• I was really helping me. I loathe the misbehaved. Upper Eastside kids are the worst. And I’m always packin lollipops. I get them from my bank. And I would have given her a kidney to get her to shut-up. See, I’m not so nice. 🙂

3. Steve says:

You do have some strange experiences 😉 One of these days when I get to visit New York again, I’ll ask for a list of places I should not stop at 🙂

4. Coyote from Orion says:

Yeah, Moet Chandon and if you can refrain at 7am so can the kid.

Susannah, I know my patience level is at a low point early in the morning. Bratty children shouldn’t be allowed out in public until mid-day, if then. Maybe Trump could introduce a bill to that effect. I’m sure it would cause his ratings to go up.
    I’m not a lollypop fan, but I admit to eating jelly candies first thing in the morning. A better jolt than any coffee.

Liked by 2 people

6. Hahahahahaha! Oh, this gem is one for the books … lol!

The statistician in me wants to find the correlation between niceness and medication. And I’m wrangling with an experiment to determine which is cause and which is effect.
    Wonderful Susannah: I’m still laughing. 🙂

8. I would have easily looked him in the eye and said, “Of course, and I taught Special Ed.”

9. Gail Kaufman says:

Seriously? Did he really say that? Only in New York!