Blog Life

I’m here assessing my site that’s pretty unread. I don’t do much to glean followers I’ll admit, so that’s a big part of it. I realize social-media is a must if you want mass attention.

It didn’t stop me though from dismantling my Facebook page because the creeps were coming out of the woodwork.

Hey it’s Bob, remember me? We had sex in the backseat of my father’s Pontiac.

Susannah it’s Jill. I stole your boyfriend in high school. Wanna have lunch?

I often wonder what possesses people to think you’d be happy to hear from them after 40 years of trying to forget them.

That said.

I’m not a big blog reader, preferring to use the time to write, including posts that few will read since I’m not reading theirs. I’ve said this many times, but I’d rather have 3 people who really like my writing than 100 who couldn’t care less, but need my LIKE like it’s a vital organ.

This reminds me of Friday Fictioneers where you’re asked to write a short piece inspired by the posted photograph. The couple of times participating, I read a bunch since they’re short and sweet, and was quite read in return. Since then however, I’ve never heard from one of them, except for David who’s so busy writing his beloved fiction, he rarely blogs at all these days.

I rest my case.

I love to write. It means more to me than anything. I will just have to accept my lack of popularity relishing the page as is, a place where I can pen my prose plain and simple, never forgetting art is a gift, even if it’s not widely recognized.

I appreciate the handful of readers I do have, and thank you most humbly.

Susannah Bianchi—Writer

This entry was posted in grace, Gratitude, internet, media, Uncategorized, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Blog Life

1. I don’t really know how to get readers so I can’t offer advice. I read several bloggers but only if they are good writers and write about things I’m interested in. I have tons of followers who I never come back and there is one who occasionally “likes” my post and then puts a plea in the comments for me to visit her site. She writes a travel blog. It may be well done but it’s not my cuppa tea. At the end of the day, we write for our self. If someone else likes it, “woohoo!” I enjoy your stories. They are real life and well written. They are also not exceedingly long or filled with extraneous crap. I don’t follow any of the prompts as they are sometimes contrived. I confess to following some cat bloggers (and dog too). Those are just fun!

2. Rubenstein, Hal says:

Sweet 👍

Hal

3. Ross de Marco says:

I don’t always comment on your writing but I do always read your page . Your passion for your work is so evident by the way you vividly articulate each experience The “What I Saw “ piece the other day was a beautiful poem . The fact that you faithfully continue each day shows dedication & love for the work . The art bigger than you , you serve it , and it shows that your soul isn’t dead . Social media ? Ugh I don’t have any of it , fb , Twitter , Twatter , etc to me it’s like snooping . Though to some archaic , I’ll still write a letter .

4. You have faithful readers who love your writing. Please don’t stop!

You might be surprised at how many people read and appreciate your posts. They just will not “like” or comment. Recently John went to a small gathering of people he used to work with, and three of them said they read my blog. I had no idea, and it was a surprise to him, too. One of them was looking for info on John and stumbled on my blog. She shared it with the other two, and they continued reading.

A fair number of my followers are not in this country. Some of them are like yours, wanting followers of their own. I often wonder if some of the others want to peek in the life of an American and practice reading English. I am certain your excellent writing will not go to waste.

Liked by 2 people

5. robprice59 says:

I need my “Susannah fix” to get me through the day.

Susannah, you had me worried and holding my breath as I read this post, I was sooo afraid you were writing a farewell! Whew!
    Part of the reason I stopped blogging was that I couldn’t keep up with all the responses. Not the comments themselves, but the feeling that I had to post on their blogs in return. I really did enjoy a few of them, but wading through the others was becoming so time consuming. It was also when I began substitute teaching and had my son, daughter-in-law and grandson move in (for a year and a half).
    You’ve made me open my eyes and realize I don’t have to play the game, all I need to do is write. Perhaps I shall resume soon.
    Please know that your readers really appreciate your wit. Better to be truly enjoyed by a smaller number than tolerated by the masses.

7. Eilene Lyon says:

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to write what inspires you without worrying about having to promote or reciprocate. I don’t care for social media either, though I keep my FB active. I only read what interests me and is well-written. Frankly, even if the subject interests me, I can’t be bothered with bad grammar, typos, wrong words, etc. Your work is always both interesting and impeccable.

I read what you write but don’t always comment and I am usually days behind. This is the first I have read anything in almost a week!

9. Never checked…always assumed you were well-read, because I love reading your posts. I put them ahead of almost everyone else’s. I face the same problem. I don’t have 1000s of followers nor 1000s of likes on any single post. I am satisfied. I read who I will and enjoy the short comebacks when I can. I always hate to just “like” yours as you deserve a good comment or heck, even a bad one once in awhile.
    Keep it up.