Oval Easy

Unknown-1.jpegI’m here thinking of past Presidents with ants in their pants.

JFK comes to mind with FDR bringing up the rear.

John Kennedy, only 46 when he died, was sick for a good part of his life…often bedridden as a boy, given the last rites four times. Even when able to function, he was in dire pain with a bad back that became legendary. He had to endure a back brace, plus when  traveling even overnight, brought along a special mattress or he wasn’t able to sleep. It’s a wonder he had so much sex, when you think about it. I think many Americans give him a pass…a presidential pardon if you will, because of his well documented health issues.

Same with Roosevelt. He lived almost half of his life in a wheelchair, something that seems unimaginable, so what if he played hide-the-salami with his secretary. In his case, it was actually hidden.

Bill Clinton, of course, is another matter with his sexual shenanigans, unless of course having a libido the size of Guam is deemed a handicap. Between his built-in charm and knowing he’s married to a woman one can hardly see enrolled in Victoria Secret’s Panty of the Month Club, we excused even him for the blowjob that could be heard around the world.

We’ve even let Thomas Jefferson off the hook for canoodling with Sally.

We’re more French than we admit, so I’m wondering, is there anything about our present President that could possibly pry our hearts open to grant him a polite pardon, sexual or otherwise?

Hmm.

Will have to get back to you on that.

This entry was posted in Books, Culture, humanity, humor, Politics, sex, words and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Oval Easy

1. aFrankAngle says:

Well, his loyalists give him a pass on everything – but I don’t see society as whole doing so.

2. Ross de Marco says:

Perhaps give him as much leeway as we did the others , he has handled North Korea with the same “ delicacy “as JFK did with Cuba . Nose to nose and they blinked . Maybe let go of the visceral hatred since a candidate duly elected was not one one may have preferred ,extending a little grace . The improvements of our economy ( Its the economy stupid – the phrase I often heard during Clinton’s Presidency) are amazing due to His negotiations. These might be a few starting points . I saw a report recently where a number of reporters were distraught over a comment he made that the first and second ladies could have made a nice salad for guests at the White House a little light hearted joke that sent the liberal media into a tizzy … really ? I think he’s fantastic . One mans opinion , Is there any room left on Mt . Rushmore ??? Lol

3. Screwing other women while your wife is delivering your baby does it for me. No pass. Ever. I think had we known about the other presidents, they wouldn’t have been treated so well either. At least the married ones. No social media then.

• If JFK were here now…OH MY. A reporter a year before Dallas, went to Bobby to say, they weren’t going to be able to protect him much longer, he needed to stop foolin around. Bobby went to their dad who said, nonsense…who cares how many times Jack gets laid. He should get laid more. Sins of the father passed down. Joe then had his stroke that left him, o pun intended, speechless for the rest of his life. God fixed his wagon alright. Such much trivia, so little time.

• So you didn’t like what I wrote, did I miss that in your comment?

SB,

These Presidential pardons are posthumous peculiarities. Apologies, but . . I HAD to. But yes, you’re right. Our past Presidents are given a kinder and gentler going away present with the passing of time. But their legacies were not sealed in a vacuum, there was plenty of substance going on that lead to a rosy tableau on the flip side.

I voted for Bush in ’92. Couldn’t stand Clinton, thought he was a mistake. By ’94, I was all in on Newt and his revolution. Went to see him speak at a local college. Mind you, I still happen to think Newt is a brilliant mind, even if I no longer agree with him on many points. But really, what I saw out of Clinton was a move to the middle, to consensus. He was shrewd, some would say manipulative, but his mandate was to keep moving forward . . not to get bogged down in the bullshit. By ’96, I had changed my tune on the guy.

Sorry for the ramble. And I have no answer to that question of yours at the end of your post.

• I’m not as politically versed as you though I’d probably clean up on Jeopardy for…American History for 1000. I’m a dove by nature with a torn wing that just won’t heal. I try to think well of everyone but it becomes harder and harder, even in my personal life, how careless people have become. Trump needs to step down, though I know he won’t. Read the comment I got I didn’t even respond to. People are as stupid and ridiculous as he is. It’s a like a club.

• Sorryless says:

You’re a lovely dove and don’t ever change and I’ll move my comment right along since you ain’t partial to compliments, ;).
        Whoa! That dude is seriously on the MAGA train! See, this is why I stay away from reading other comments. Because I am not a quiet person when something riles me, big or small deal. I tend to emote, and I don’t want to start a thread. I want to just comment, yanno? That’s just me, I guess.

• He’s someone I know and never understand why he reads my blogs since he hates everything I pen. One of those cyber mysteries.

5. Having voted for the man and then after about a year of listening to him and the rest of the world, I think that the only reason for a pardon is that (I am told his IQ is genius level) possibly he suffers from that “smarter, so don’t listen” illness or he’s simply a narcissist. I lean toward the latter.
    Scott

6. I think I’ll take the 5th here.

Susannah, I think the leaders of many other countries take hanky-panky as part of the job. The USA is probably one of the more conservative countries regarding our leader’s extra curricular libido. As for looking the other way, it seems to depend on how they ‘perform’ in the other aspects of their ‘position’.

Liked by 2 people

• That’s a good way to put it. If only we’d just admit that. This media tear you from limb to limb business is most unsettling. I’m no fan of Mr. Trump, but really hate when they make fun of him on SNL. He’s still the president and they’re mean. It’s not like when Dana Carvey imitated the elder Bush who actually invited him to the White House and they became good friends. Bet ya didn’t know that. Trivial Fact 30019. 🙂

8. robprice59 says:

Sex is an instinct written into (virtually) every cell in our bodies. Who could imagine politicians or the disabled exempt?

9. robprice59 says:

Love me do?

10. If Mr Trump were to have an affair or for that matter, do anything with a degree of class one might consider a polite pardon. Unfortunately he is I believe what you Americans call a sleazebag so the chance of a pardon is very slim.