Trumpets Blare

I was listening to an argument between two male friends about our Commander in Chief, more or less, playing the referee.

I didn’t participate, saying nothing, and saying it often, a handy tool when discussing politics.

One guy said, there’s no way Donald Trump will be reelected, while the other insisted that he would, and moi hates to say it, but alas, agrees with contest-ant number 2.

I kept that to myself while separating them like Ali and Frazier, suggesting perhaps we needed some immediate dessert.

I’m Italian and know, a little Pie al’a Mode could fix just about anything, even an election.

Personally I don’t think people care about the conduct of our leaders anymore.

Just take Bill Clinton and his oral history, if you will. There he was canoodling with a girl in the Oval, not much older than his daughter, lies about it, gets impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, stays in office and is more popular now than ever.

Did you know he’s one of the highest paid people on the lecture circuit, gleaning anywhere from 250,000 to 500,000 dollars per speech?

I believe if he were to run for president again, he’d get reelected.

You know why? Because nobody really cares what he did. We live in a an all bets are off, world, and let the best rat win.

Now his wife, on the other hand, who doesn’t possess Bubba’s charm, well, we know what happened to her, the Trumpet blasting her right off the bandstand. Now if she had oral sex anywhere, we’d be more than happy for her. I’m just saying,

But back to my two middleweights.

As they yelled at each other, after gently suggesting they agree to disagree, which they totally didn’t agree with, I hailed a cab, got in it, leaving them on the corner, still fighting.

The downside of saying nothing and saying it often is, you more than likely will end up paying your own cab fare, along with your own pie.

Oh well, that’s showbiz. 😎

This entry was posted in Culture, dessert, humor, media, Politics, Uncategorized, words and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Trumpets Blare

1. robprice59 says:

Don’t the American people realise what he makes you all seem to the rest of the world? Looking at you from this side of the pond, with a see you next Tuesday, corrupt bullyboy at the helm, is not conducive to anything worthwhile.

Once opposite sides of the fence start arguing about anything, it’s almost impossible to mediate. They won’t stop until one of them agrees with the other, and that won’t happen to people who only talk and won’t listen or consider the other side. Sorry you got caught in the crosshairs.
    As for Trump, I believe he was elected because people hoped running the country like a business would bring prosperity. Many also wanted more manageable immigration, that illegal really meant illegal. I’m wondering how he bounced back from bankruptcy and how his businesses did so well.

• There it is. It’s all so murky with truth nowhere to be seen. I can’t even read about it anymore. The mudslinging. How everyone hates everyone. The Founders would be ashamed of us Skinny. All of us…we the people. Sigh

3. Eilene Lyon says:

You, alone, emerged the winner. Good for you! I have some concern things will get worse before they get better. Maybe when people quit following mainstream media and just pay attention to what’s going on around them, thinking for themselves…(I can dream).

4. aFrankAngle says:

Political discussions are so brazen these days because of the partisan lens each choses. Cheers to columnists like Peggy Noonan! Louder cheers to our shared Italian heritage. 🙂 What part of Italy?

SB,

I wonder if Biden’s ship has sailed. As far as debating Trump and taking him to task, I’ve no doubt he can do that. But will he play on the national scene? Not sure.

As for Clinton, he’s one hell of a speaker. I’ve seen him speak and it’s quite the show. Charisma straight out of central casting. He COULD have sold most peeps in there snow in the winter. But interesting to note, the Democratic hopefuls for 2020 are playing keepaway from old Bill. It’s been twenty years, almost, so I’m not as dubious as to their decision as I was of Gore’s decision to distance himself from Clinton in 2000. I think Gore needed more Clinton, if only to highlight what had been a successful eight years in office. But what do I know?

Hey, you know what I didn’t mention? That Trump guy. Yeah . . . sorry about that. 😉

Clever, cheeky and so damn smart, SB. As per.

I, like you, choose the silent argument myself. Peeps will press me, or try to, to give my two cents’ worth, knowing it does not match theirs. All just for the sake of arguing. Not my cuppa no mo’
    I dunno that we would be happy for the Missus if she finally got some oral sex because she is, after all, a woman. And apparently, we can’t get away with what they can…plus get paid a small fortune to go talk to a crowd.
    On the plus side, you don’t have to share your piece of pie…

• It might remove that chronic snarl off her face. I’m not versed in politics really. I know more about Teddy Roosevelt than our current leader and a lot more enthralled. He was the last pres to write his own speeches. He read three books a week and played with his children on the White House’s front lawn. If he did have access to 5 televisions, he’d still be, reading, writing and romping on the front lawn. His wife adored him and his kids were respectful and brave. Trump? Trump who?

• Dale says:

I think it would take more than one good licking 😉
        He was way more interesting than your current leader by a landslide. I think they should return to penning their own speeches – talk about being responsible for what you are saying. He was a well-rounded man, was Teddy.

• He’s my all time favorite President. One of my favorite TR feats was when during peacetime he sent our fleet around the world letting everyone know, don’t think we’re not ready. I just love that.

• Dale says:

Wow. Fascinating man.
        My friend wrote a trilogy that starts in Russia (during the pogroms) and makes its way eventually to Kansas City. When they arrived in New York, they bumped into Teddy, who gave them a hand. I believe he would have in real life.

• I love that. He shows up often. It’s interesting. The Alienest, by Caleb Carr, one of my favorite books, open with his funeral. Teddy just rocks, and apparently eternally. 🙂

7. You have such an entertaining way of presenting things. I agree that your gastronomic diplomacy seems very Italian. Why fight when you can eat together? I always try to be the peacemaker and as I always say, everyone hates a peacemaker. 🙂 Hopefully you’re wrong and we can regain some civility at the top in 2020.

8. Being a Trump reformee, it is my sincere wish he not be reelected. Having said that, however, I much add that it would “depend on who he’s running against”. People can say what they will; Donald trump may be bad for POTUS, but … he’s certainly not the worst. Of that, I am certain.