Spring is Here…She Called

Just came from the Park that’s about to explode, Mother Nature setting the stage.

Irises, daisies and daffodils, like yellow flutes, sway in the breeze.

The birds are back, flirting with squirrels who can’t say no to pretty girls.

A woman I see every day, always angry spring is late, now says, isn’t it glorious, spring is here?

Like a lover who gets mad then forgets in the morning, what the fight was all about.   Unknown-1.jpeg

This entry was posted in creative writing, grace, inspiration, nature, New York City and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Spring is Here…She Called

Everyone’s moods lift up when Spring finally makes her entrance. It’s my favorite time of year, so full of promise and new beginnings.
    I love your last two lines.

Susannah,

This is so lovely. It’s a refrigerator pinup is what it is. 🙂

To spring.

3. robprice59 says:

They’re forecasting snow for us! 😦

Liked by 2 people

4. Vasca says:

I love Spring…everything pops out in gorgeous colors and beautiful is everywhere. Seems to be walks in the parks all over. Well, except for those looking for more snow. Not to fret, Spring will make it to those places…just takes a bit more time. Spring makes for much happiness and it’s wonderful…picture perfect Susannah! Thanks for the lift.

I love this. Every bit. Flirtations, lovers forgetting why they are mad… all of it!

6. Eilene Lyon says:

I’ll be waiting for daffodils a good while longer yet. This was a day brightener!

7. It’s nice that spring is there already or close. It’s been rainy here, so hopefully that is a prelude to more greenery, but it’s still pretty bleak looking at the moment. Love your description here. 🙂

I love how Spring just shows up. One day when on my daily walk all is beige and brown with just a touch of green the next day there is a myriad of colors everywhere. What a joy!