Have You Seen My Mind By Any Chance?

images.jpegStress has taken over my life like a really obnoxious roommate.

Everything that can go wrong has.

As a friend of mine likes to say…he feels as if he’s just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Every day I rise with great determination to be the best I can be.

Then those waves come…that part of the iceberg you didn’t happen to see.

Jean Paul Sartre said…hell is other people.

Darn tootin’ Jean. If I knew where you were, I’d send fruit and flowers, and a car to take us to lunch.

To learn to dodge the actions of others careening towards you is an art. Not taking it personally even if it has your name on it, a skill.

I conduct myself with utmost integrity treating others the way I wish to be treated.

Yeah I know, who the fuck do you think you are Susannah, Gandhi?

I realize, I have no control over people, places and things, only how I respond to them.

Turning the other cheek, if you will, but let me add there’s very little skin left on mine, doesn’t matter how well I dodge and weave.

My goal in my twilight years is to be happy, joyous and free…peaceful and serene, kind, caring and content where I stand.

I know, that’s quite a feat no matter what age, however…stress, that little tart no one invited, who just pushed her way in, crashing a most peaceful party, can just sit herself down and rethink her unwanted, callous, hopefully short lived, appearance.

What’s that Mr. Gandhi? Fasting? No, in this case, we’re having breakfast.

But I appreciate the tip.

sigh

Where would I be without my sense of humor? In the nuthouse, that’s where.

This entry was posted in grace, humanity, humor, words, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Have You Seen My Mind By Any Chance?

1. aFrankAngle says:

I love the way you tell a story. They are real – from the heart – with a variety of feelings – the right balance between serious and humor. My time here has been short, but you are truly one class act. Cheers!

PS: Stay tuned to my next post (tonight (9:15-9:30). It’s one of my salutes to a number – therefore a plethora of trivial stuff.

Pookie and I have the same mantra; be the best person you can be and do the best you can. What more can anyone expect from a mere mortal? However, unlike Gandhi, Pookie does tend to react to those who disrupt his piece of the world.
    It’s good to turn the other cheek, Susannah, but don’t let people take advantage of you. You’re such a giving person, I don’t want to see your kindness abused.

• That ship has sailed Madam. I’m called out often for my Gandhiism. It makes certain people uncomfortable. There’s a 12 Step slogan I don’t like much but it has its point…bless them, change me. In other words, see their pain and limitations and keep on being the best you can be. πŸ™‚

3. ruthsoaper says:

I think your mind is in the right place. Just keep refusing to play the game with her. Have a great day!!!

4. Eilene Lyon says:

I’d say your mind (and heart) is clearly in the proper place it’s always been. Sorry to hear about your unwelcome visitor. Hopefully your good attitude will blow stress right outta the water.

Stress is SUCH a bitch. I never invite her in but she bulldozes her way, nonetheless.
    But I must agree with you. Be how you want others to treat you and when they don’t, know you did your best and there’s nothing else you can do but keep on keeping on.

Susannah,

I abide to a strict regimen of sarcasm. It’s different from being a nasty old bastid, in that when you hit peeps who annoy you with snark . . they don’t know how to handle it. Ball in my court. Win. Drive safely on the way home.

And if that fails? Tell ’em to go blow a flagpole.

Either or.

Well spun essay, SB . . as per. And don’t fret, Gandhi looks really good on you.

7. I hope you go from Gandhi to grandee — from a peerless person to a noblewoman rich in gifts she bestows on others.

8. I believe I developed my own sense of strange humor to protect myself from the monsters of life…people and, perhaps, myself. Now, the humor is a must, but my belief that all is perfect (not predestined, mind you, just all works together) gets me through the daily grind. That and a lot of fantasies…
    Scott