Best Story of the Week…June 28

A young, what I call, weekend Dad, is proudly strolling down the Avenue with his 2 year-old son toddling beside him, pushing a stroller with one hand, holding his tiny hand in the other, when he starts to violently cough…

one of those dry marathon coughs that just won’t quit.

His little man looks up with great concern, spinning into action.

I watch him go into his stroller, grab his bottle with two hands, handing it to Dad who accepts it with a glorious grin. He actually takes a swig or at least pretends to, causing his son to now grin like a pleased pumpkin.

Love, however it comes, whether it’s a dad that works hard during the week, a wee being propelled by instinct, or in a plastic Pinnochio bottle filled with juice…

LOVE, she always has the last say. Unknown-1.jpeg

This entry was posted in Family, friendship, grace, humanity, humor, inspiration, kids, Love, New York City, parents and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Best Story of the Week…June 28

1. How absolutely charming and “grin-worthy!”

What a beautiful moment you’ve captured. The little guy coming to his father’s rescue. And the Dad gratefully accepting his son’s help.
    Thanks, Susannah. This wouldn’t have registered a blip on most people’s radar. But then, you aren’t most people, thank goodness!

3. aFrankAngle says:

Well stated. πŸ™‚

4. Delightful! You say more in a few words than most of us do in a week.

5. robprice59 says:

Junior will grow up to be the new Doctor Kildare. Lovely tale.

The kid was like “I gotchou!” . . . I love that.

There is a spirited innocence to a child’s reaction to anything out of the ordinary. They tend to lean into it rather than fight it, and from that place of innocence they pluck out the answers to the questions.

Love this piece.

What a fabulous capture, Susannah!
    Thank you for sharing this loving moment.

Little kids learn by example so I would say the kid has a good daddy who is raising a good son.

9. Kids just want to be useful and needed. It’s funny that the desire develops so early but maybe because they’re so helpless at the beginning, but it’s always great to see their joy.

10. Makes the world go round…or brings it into focus.