Best Story of the Week…July 19

Unknown-1.jpeg Thursday…8 A.M

It’s pouring. The kind of rain that drenches and drowns despite umbrellas, Wellies and yellow rain slickers.

I’m tooling out of Starbucks with my birthday latte, yes, they treat you to the item of your choice if you register your card on line, when I see a young boy, 12, 13, collide with a well heeled business man, 50, 60, like two cars pulling out at the same time.

The kid’s umbrella clips the guy on the head, making him almost drop his phone.

The boy immediately says, “I’m sorry sir, didn’t mean for that to happen.”

The guy snaps, “You could have poked my eye out. Next time be more careful.”

Enter Norma Rae.

“You know sir, you’re the one who was texting and wasn’t looking where you were going, and he did graciously apologize. How bout cutting him a little slack?”

Now I’m waiting for the verbal slam, ready, like Ali knowing he’ll knock’em out in the first round, but to my surprise he says, “You know, you’re right. I tell my kids this all the time, yet I do it too.”

He then extends a well manicured hand out to the kid who shakes it gladly, and all parties, including Norma, go on their merry way.

Float like a butterfly…sting like a bee.

Unknown.jpeg

This entry was posted in Culture, Family, grace, humanity, humor, inspiration, media, money, New York City, parents, Starbucks, words and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Best Story of the Week…July 19

1. aFrankAngle says:

Well done, Norma …. and a belated Happy Birthday.

2. You do things I wouldn’t dare do, and you make the world a more pleasant place. Keep it up, but please don’t get yourself killed!

There needs to be more Norma’s in the world! And more people like the kid who apologized…and more people like the man who listened to the criticism of his actions and responded in a mature way. Noo Yawk and Washington and the rest of the world would be a better place.

Liked by 2 people

SB . . . you aaaaaarrrrrreeeee the greatest! That was how you disassemble an otherwise unfortunate encounter and put it back together again in a peaceful ride. Honey does work better than vinegar, after all.

Happy Birthday Week! (I think we should all get a week, but that’s just me).

5. ” Do as I say not as I do” … I’m sure this fits him.
    Bravo for standing up to the BIG GUY for the LITTLE GUY … BUT … that’s what you do. Isn’t it, Susannah? I’ve never read about you walking away from the injustices of mankind.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellow Cancerian. My birthday is tomorrow the 20th. I knew we had a major commonality. Of course, age is not one of them as …. sadly ~~~ : ( … I’m the older sis. LOL
    Hope the coming year is filled with the beauty and grace that you exude beautifully … OK …
    and good health too. Gotta add that one, mi amiga. Cheers ☕️☕️
    Isadora 😎

Happy birthday, lovely lady!

There need to be more Normas in this world. Thankfully, New York has you! And I am so happy the gentleman turned out to be just that. A gracious gentleman.

You rock, you do

Susannah, just like gently straightening a crooked painting, you provided the nudge that corrected the situation.

8. Eilene Lyon says:

Bravo!! Your dedication to clueing in the oblivious is marvelous!!!