Best Story of the Week…September 13

On route home, crossing Park waiting for the light to change, I’m behind a young father and his 3 year-old son, when it suddenly starts to rain.

Father:  Shit, it’s raining.

Son:  Shit, it’s waning.

There’s a long pause.

Father:  Daddy’s sorry to say such a bad word.

Son:  No Daddy, wane is a nice wud.   images-1.jpeg

🙂

This entry was posted in Culture, Family, Home, humanity, humor, kids, Love, nature, New York City, parents, words and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Best Story of the Week…September 13

This made me chuckle out loud. Kids. You just have to love them! Thanks for sharing this.

Liked by 2 people

The kid is a natural when it comes to problem solving.

Liked by 2 people

3. I hope wan is the word he repeats …

Liked by 2 people

Nice to know some words have no importance while others need to be acknowledged. Good of the little boy to point this out to his daddy.😺

Liked by 2 people

5. aFrankAngle says:

Art Linkletter’s saying is perfect for this.

Liked by 2 people

Out of the mouths of babes!
    This was so adorable, Susannah!

Liked by 2 people

7. AWWWW! Followed Dale Robertson here (she posted your post on twitter, darlin’ woman that she is :)), and am so glad – this was fun and oh-so-accurate to what kids would say. LOVE IT. 🙂
    (now following you, so I don’t miss more fun).
    Don’t know what side of the park you were crossing to/from or on what cross-street, but am waving at you anyway from the UWS. Yay NYC.
    Na’ama

Liked by 2 people

8. Vasca Beall says:

Nothing but sweetness…makes one feel warm and fuzzy! That was a priceless pair…priceless.