To Vote for Whom…That is the Question

Unknown-1.jpeg The 2020 Presidential Potato Sack Race, my new name for it since, it does have a country fair feel to it, (don’t you think?) has brought my cynicism to new heights.

Think Gulliver in a stretch class.

I’ll start with Bernie who seems like a really nice guy who might own a hardware store in Missouri, very Trumanesque, except, Harry had more chutzpa under those hats he sold.

It’s like Bernie’s running in Hooterville rereading The Charge of the Light Brigade, and we know what happened to them.

…into the valley of death rode the six hundred.

Madam Warren, who’s anger could have lit U.S. Grant’s cigar, scares the shit out of me. As for Amy, the most that I can say is, she’s got a real cute haircut.

I know, I’m supposed to be in favor of women, but I’m not inspired by either of them. Now if only Anne Lamott would run, than I’d toss my thong in the ring.

And dear Mr. Biden, whom I love, needs six months at Hilton Head in a nice Lacoste shirt since, the poor man looks so beat and bereft still mourning his son Beau, that frankly, knowing all too much about loss, breaks my heart.

So we are left with the two big swinging New York dicks, one much more one than the other, taking cheap shots knowing they’re the only ones he can get away with.

Mike Bloomberg is still my only hope, don’t know about yours.

If Donald Trump gets reelected, the added damage that he’ll do to the country will be unprecedented. Rather than Hail to the Chief, we’ll be humming Taps.

It scares the hell out of me even more than Elizabeth Warren in Chanel taking her oath of office.

I have no choice but to turn to the Great Creator who hopefully in the 11th hour will ride in like the cavalry.

To quote Anne Lamott, God bats last.

Let’s hope.

This entry was posted in Culture, Faith, Fashion, History, humanity, humor, inspiration, internet, men, New York City, Politics, war, women, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to To Vote for Whom…That is the Question

All I can say is… I’m glad I’m Canadian!
    We have our share of disliked polititians but man… you guys? I just don’t know how you do it.

I don’t know enough about Pete, but Imma do some homework. But it’s going to be Mike, for me. I feel like he’s the one person who can take on Trump in a debate without giving in to all that childish bullshit. Trump doesn’t win debates, the other candidates simply lose them.

3. I know what you mean. Yikes! Hang tough. As Boris Pasternak said: “And remember: you must never, under any circumstances, despair. To hope and to act, these are our duties in misfortune.”

Another Anne Lamott winner! I often wonder what God is thinking as He watches us do what we do…or don’t do.

I don’t know which way to turn. Our country is so divided. I believe in voting for the best candidate regardless of party.

6. Eilene Lyon says:

Hmm. I kinda glad Warren is so angry. She pretty much single-handedly created the CFPB to help the average citizen avoid abuse by the mega-banks (that got bailed out by taxpayers for all their fraudulent shenanigans) and then she watched the MAGA administration essentially dismantle it. I’d be pissed, too. Frankly, I think she’s angry for the right reasons. If she wins, then she has a chance to prove she has the right stuff (again) without the stridency.

7. Other than admitting that I truly no longer support the man in the Oval Office (haven’t seen it, but it sounds like The Man in the High Tower, don’t it?) I withhold almost all comments for now…except for and exasperated, “OMG”.

8. Vasca says:

It seems what we have at this point in time is a war of parties. It’s not about what is best or good for the country and its citizens. It’s party survival that is killing us. It won’t matter who is elected or re-elected the losing party will rant and rave until the next election. The hatred in this beautiful country is rampant and way too ugly. I believe people would be unhappy if God himself decided to run and won. Great balls of fire! Our country has been divided for a very long time and it’s getting worse. We should not call each other names…that is most unkind…city dwellers vs farmers and the country people. This group vs that group. Always at odds. It makes me want to lose whatever I have in my stomach. God is Love. Love makes the world go round. Love changes everything. Where is it??? I look into myself to find it and I’m going to make sure it is there. God says ‘Love your neighbor’ and He means everybody. We should all do our best to do so…whatever it takes. I certainly appreciate that God bats last. It’s a good thing and God always wins. I’m thankful He has me.