Dating Jesus

images 9.15.11 AM I’m no religious fanatic by any means, and believe me, if the Catholic Church could toss me in a cell for irreverence, it would, since I tend to make fun of its ongoing hypocrisy…however, Jesus, when I think about it, is my kinda guy.

Earthy, a carpenter (like Harrison Ford…sigh), which means he’s handy at repairs and installations. Extremely fit from all that walking. No paunch, even from all the wine he drinks.

We know he cooks since he made brunch for his friends the Apostles, a great name for a rock band by the way. He could be the front man, since he looks the part, long wavy hair, rail thin, like any hot rock and roller, and did love to sing, a cappela remember, belting out hymns when the mood struck and remember, it’s pretty much how he got the name, Jesus Christ Superstar.  Unknown-1.jpeg

J.C. is forgiving to a fault, even breaking bread with Judas that stoolie of all stoolies, yet, stands up for what he thinks is right, like YO, MONEY CHANGERS, WANNA STEP OUTSIDE? And he’s got heart, chumming around with an occasional Samaritan, having a snack with a prostitute who, like all of us, is just trying to make a buck, dishonest or otherwise.

It’s a pity he couldn’t run for president. Just imagine what he’d do for healthcare and gun control. It would be nothing short of miraculous.

He’d also add a Commandment: Though Shall Not Lie.

He is a bit of a mama’s boy, I’ll admit, but that’s okay, it’s where he gets his sensitive side from, and no, I don’t thing he has gender issues, since he never gets defensive when preferring caftans to jeans. And I happen to like a man with his own style.

Now, if he’d just lose those sandals, then we’d be talkin’.

JESUS!!!    🙂

This entry was posted in Faith, Fashion, grace, humanity, humor, inspiration, music, religion, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Dating Jesus

Oh Susannah, definitely a rock star, but not a head banger. I recall seeing Jesus Christ Superstar at SPAC back in 1971. I could be wrong, things were a bit fuzzy back then, ha ha!
    You know how to pick them,

2. aFrankAngle says:

Oh no … The Vatican is certainly going to toss you into the brink for this one. Interestingly, I recently learned that Harrison Ford is a good carpenter. He picked up the love for woodworking from his father. Oh … another just like Jesus. I’m sure he didn’t send the WP Gnomes into this post, but maybe it was the Vatican. (Take a look to see what they did.)

Liked by 3 people

I always saw him as a van owner. Into hemp, transcendental meditation, candles and fondue brunches. He votes green, eats vegan and curses intelligently.

I once wrote somewhere that he and Jerry Garcia would’ve been best friends.

Liked by 3 people

What a great post, Susannah. I am far from religious and am against organised religions of all sorts but let’s face it, the gist of what they all preach, when we remove all the brouhaha and money laundering I mean collecting, is love.
    Now, JC – when one digs on rock stars – is a cut above. Can’t deny that!

Liked by 3 people

• Yes, I think he was cool and maybe a little too magnanimous about a few things but, all in all, he tried to do the right thing always hitting the right note. I have no idea who I’m channeling. His lawyer maybe. 🤔

• Dale says:

Hey, channel away! He definitely tried and gave everyone a chance…

Liked by 2 people

• He got so much shit for having a sandwich with that prostitution. Wasn’t like he was buying anything. If you know whet I mean Dale.

• Dale says:

I do, Susannah, I do. Isn’t that how people still are today? Judging you for every little action you take… Apparently, we learned nothing.

Liked by 2 people

• Yes, he was judged for being kind, and let’s face it, kindness breeds bully behavior, alliteration not intended. I see it in my own life. People think I’m weak and can be had, for lack of a better phrase. It’s not the case, and when I stand up, the shock is 3-ply. But, bullies nowadays, who rant and Tweet, I hate to admit, seem to reign. It’s puzzling, so you can see why JC had so much trouble. Plus, he forgave everybody. I can see him having drinks with Trump saying…forgive him father, he knows not what he do…of course that’s the hip-hop version. 🙂

• Dale says:

That he was. And it does, doesn’t it? Blows, if you ask me…
        And now? This tweeting age? It has given permission to all and sundry to behave like troglodytes.
        And yeah, he probably would have been kinder to Trump than he deserves

Liked by 2 people

• Of course since, rumor has it, he loved everybody. Now there’s a magic trick up those caftan sleeves.

Liked by 2 people

5. Ok but don’t upset his Dad. His Father has a real temper.

Liked by 3 people

6. Well, I can see I will never take you out to coffee. That bar is REALLY high!

7. Vasca says:

Our oldest son sang in “Jesus Christ, Superstar” in 1971. Loved it. Jesus Christ is absolutely the best in my life…and yes, I am very religious – don’t believe I would be dubbed a fanatic though. He didn’t just try to always do the right thing…He absolutely never stubbed a toe which was difficult to do wearing sandals. Catholicism isn’t the only act in town…it’s just one of many and there are some good apples out there among many of the money mills. When you allow JC to be your GPS you can be like Allstate and know you’re in good hands. I wish I could tell you what He has done in my life…it is absolutely amazing. He is the ultimate friend for life. Good read, Susannah. P.S. Don’t worry about the Pope…God has his number.

Liked by 3 people

8. Lol, I meant you have raised that bar too high. That was so funny. I know you don’t go to bars!

Liked by 3 people

9. So if Harrison Ford is Jesus then Sean Connery in a way is God? Talking about martinis shaken and not stirred.

10. Lesley says:

I love this. It made me smile. 😀

Liked by 3 people

11. This is very inspiring and enlightening. I love ❤️ it so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️. It’s a great honor to be in your blog, . I will follow and turn on your notifications so I don’t miss any of your posts. 😊😊

12. Bipolar Beautiful says: