To Your Neutral Corners

I’m no political animal by any means, and frankly, couldn’t care less whose approval ratings are up or down, however…there is something I’d like to say.

STOP INSULTING ONE ANOTHER!!!

WHY CAN’T YOU PLAY NICE DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME?

Excuse me while I put a little ice on my head.

You know what you are before you’re a politician, you’re a human being.

You thought I was going to say, an American. No, it’s much bigger than that.

If you were here, where I am, in New York City where so many innocents have died, you’d hang your heads in wonder.

There’s a funeral home in Brooklyn who had several trucks filled with the fallen, parked, because they had no room to bring them in.

A young doctor serving daily at the front, killed herself because she couldn’t take what she witnessed and those she couldn’t help.

I found Lily, the cashier, at one of my grocery stores, in tears on the corner because she was too afraid to get back on the train. I offered to pay for a taxi, but her Latina pride wouldn’t accept, as I watched her bravely walk down the steps to get the train that frightened her so.

Mr. Trump, Mr. Biden, Mr. McConnell and Ms Pelosi, and all who follow you on Twitter, CNN and Fox, stop bashing one another as if your hearts were nailed shut.

I suggest taking your humanity out and giving it a good shake, because if you don’t, they’ll be more hell to pay.

God’s watching.         images.jpeg

A Fellow Human Being

This entry was posted in Culture, Faith, grace, Health, History, humanity, internet, media, men, New York City, Politics, readng, war, Women and men, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to To Your Neutral Corners

Susannah, I have cousins that are zealots when it comes to their political party. Two are sisters on opposite sides. They post numerous radical political rants every day. Based on how rabid they have become it isn’t hard to see how generations of indoctrination have made many religions so intolerant of others. When did so many stop seeing both sides of the coin? When did everything turn to black and white with no shades of gray?

• I really don’t know, but it’s most irritating, especially with what’s going on. These are such tender times, and this bullish behavior, the bluster and bravado, frankly embarrasses me. I expect more from our leaders. Integrity for starters. Not mud wrestling in the Oval and on the floor of Congress. Partnership over partisanship, to quite my noble Governor. Thanks, as always.

2. kingmidget says:

Those on the extremes are the ones that make all of the noise and they accept nothing less than 100% kowtowing to their orthodoxy. They are at war with each other and they have taken over political discourse in this country with their war. I’ve followed politics my entire life and am just about done with it. There is no cooperation, collaboration, or respect in the political wars anymore, and we are all the worse for it.

Liked by 2 people

• Dear Mr. Midget, how right you are in your machine gunned eloquence. The self absorption increases by the day. How in the world can our president be thinking about reelection during this time. It’s as if, the random dead Americans don’t matter. What’s 10.000 body bags when we have so many left standing. It feels like Nature’s genocide. I’m sorry. I sound harsh and ghoulish, but my city is on her knees.

• kingmidget says:

You have a right to feel ghoulish and to expect better from our “leaders.” Sadly, we aren’t getting leadership from them.

• Our past presidents, all the great ones, were surrounded by the best minds the country had. Who does Trump have? His son-in-law? Pence who looks plastic to me whenever he speaks, his sincerity down a few quarts.

FDR had Harry Hopkins and Louis Howe. Lincoln had Seward. JFK, even if you didn’t like him, had Bobby. It matters who’s in the Oval on any day, but especially during a war, and make no mistake, this is one. SIGH

• kingmidget says:

Yes. When we elect a President or a Governor. We are not just electing that person, but who they surround themselves with and who they appoint. Trump is the worst case example of why this matters.

I can’t even begin to describe how offensive Jared and Ivanka are in their roles. But it’s not just them. It’s Kellyanne and Hope, Mnuchin and DeVos, Carson and Pompeo. Name one person he has in his orbit that you have any respect in, or put differently – that you can actually trust.

• Every time there’s remotely someone who spins credibility, he fires them. I don’t understand how he gets away with such bad behavior. It’s the naivete in me. I’m not thrilled with Nancy either. The barbs across the net.

We must be the laughing stock across the world. I’m still a proud American, being the team player that I am, and believe one day, maybe sooner than we think, we’ll have greatness, a Teddy or a Tom Jefferson, once more at that helm. Long may she wave.

• kingmidget says:

We are a laughing stock. I hope you’re right about the future. I’m a pessimist on this. I don’t see how, in our current system and how it has been perverted, that we’ll find better leaders.

• You must be optimistic. We’ve had ineffectual leaders before, then suddenly one comes round the pike that dazzles. Buchanan before Lincoln was flat as can be. Coolidge on the heels of Harding was like fresh air. Even Grant shined next to Andrew Johnson. I always say, Mr. Trump was just in the right place at the right time because Hillary was so detested. People would have voted for Shreck before they voted for her. It’s true. Bonnie Parker lost to Captain Bligh.

• kingmidget says:

You don’t have to explain it to me. This lifelong Democrat refused to vote for Hillary. Bill was a good President, but one he left office, at was done with the whole family. I wrote in a name in 2016. Fortunately, living in California, my vote didn’t matter. I’ve been saying for the last four years, that the Dems nominated the one person who couldn’t beat Trump.

My concern with the current state of affairs relates to the divisiveness and polarization. There are no leaders left … politicians are being led by the loudest screamers rather than doing the leading themselves. There is no politician at the state or national level willing to cross party lines, willing to compromise, willing to tell their extreme side of the war to shut up and sit down. I don’t know, in this environment, where we get back to any semblance of real leadership.

• It always make me think of John Quincy Adams, the only president to go back into the House of Representatives who must be rolling in his grave. When they asked him what party he belonged to, he said…I BELONG TO NO PARTY…I REPRESENT THE PEOPLE. Now that’s Democracy.

• kingmidget says:

We are all human beings, first, last, and everywhere in between. Color, religion, gender, orientation, whatever … none of that should matter ultimately. But both sides use our irrelevant differences to drive the wedge ever further in.

• Many of the deaths are people of color so, it’s as if they don’t matter quite as much. Also most of the essential workers are diverse so it’s as if their value is low so they too are disregarded. it’s all very upsetting, no matter how you look at it. What I didn’t say in my piece was, those trucks filled with bodies were un-refrigerated which is why they were reported. In our lifetime this is happening while Washington turns away. If he was a better man, he’d ask for a postponement for the reelection rather than campaigning. I know, I’m dreaming.

• kingmidget says:

I see the evidence of racial disparity in those who are getting this, but most of what the “open now” crowd is saying publicly is akin to “they’re all old and about to die anyway, so what’s the big deal?”

Trump isn’t capable of being a better man.

• I know that’s the rumor around all the nursing homes that are like leper colonies suddenly. I just don’t get it…how did we not see this coming. I know it’s moot and more than a little redundant, but it’s mystifying.

• kingmidget says:

Unfortunately, it’s not a rumor. Read the right wing blogosphere and listen to what they’re saying on TV. The “pro-life” party isn’t so pro-life when it becomes a choice between their pocketbook and a bunch of nameless, faceless old people.

• A sobering statement. What happened to us? When did we become so careless.

• kingmidget says:

Agenda driven politicians fueled by the screamers rather than leaders who have their ideologies but will set them aside for the common good when necessary. There is no common good anymore. It’s either my way or you’re an idiot.

• My way or the highway. Daniel Webster’s Liberty and Union, Now and Forever, has fallen by the wayside.

3. Well said, Susannah. The vitriol hurled by all sides is disgusting. Our Congress and executive branches should be ashamed of themselves. Everyday folks who take up with one side or another and hurl more vitriol have to know they are doing the wrong thing. We should all unite and demonstrate to these so-called public servants that it is about time to serve the public.

• Well put, and I know my love of the vernacular is showing, but despite the meaning, I can’t help liking the word vitriol. Says it all, doesn’t it.

My favorite slur of all time during this painful period was when Mr. Trump sassed my dear Governor saying, he sent 1100 beds, and we didn’t even need them, like we should apology more people didn’t die. I mean, that will remain a classic. sigh

It is sad and disgusting that all parties are not working together during this unbelievablel time. Too busy wanting to be on top they don’t notice (or care) about the numbers of bodies literally piling up.

Liked by 2 people

5. robprice59 says:

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Alas, it seems, the vermin do too.

Peeps just don’t care about the idea that God may be watching. To their way of thinking, God can’t cut them a relief check or put more TP on the shelves so he’s an antiquated notion.

7. It’s awful, especially when you’re in your own little corner trying desperately to get through another day, with a glimmer of normalcy, and these entitled, selfish fucks have their egos front and center. It makes me sick!