Best Story of the Week…June 25

I’m in my friend’s gourmet store.

He’s ordered pizza for his whole staff.

She lowers her mask and sniffs the air.

“What’s that greasy smell?”

In unison, 8 happy guys yell, “PIZZA”!!!

She then says, before pulling up her mask, “I soooo hate pizza.”

Everyone looks at her as they chomp and chew.

My friend, who’s Italian, his mask stained with sauce, says,

“Anybody who hates pizza is mentally ill.”

The staff claps.

The dog barks.

She slams her gum, Diet Coke and Pirate Booty on the counter, then leaves.

I say, “Anthony, I think you may have lost a customer.”

He says, “Ya think? Good, cause nobody should hate pizza.”

“That’s the spirit,” I say, as I help myself to a nice, greasy slice.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ย ย ย ย  images.jpeg

This entry was posted in animals, Culture, food, humanity, humor, New York City, words and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Best Story of the Week…June 25

1. What a great put down!

I’ve been craving pizza the last few days. Now I’m really watering for it. I have shoulder surgery today, but will be having Pookie pick up a pie tomorrow when I’m hungry again.

• I’ll think of you today, knowing all will be well, and yes…a large pie Pookie-Pie…if you please.

• Skinny….I’m thinking of you…shoulder to shoulder. Hope you’re okay. Your Friend, Susannah

• skinnyuz2b says:

I’m a little woozy and sore, but no bad pain. I have to sleep in a recliner for 2 more days. I was originally scheduled for 2 1/2 mo ago. Thanks for your concern. Pookie and my 4 children are all helping. My daughter-in-law and other son’s girlfriend surprised me by vacuuming and mopping while I was gone. My 2 daughters made enough stuffed peppers and broccoli salad for a few meals.

• I’m so glad you have family around you. How wonderful is that. You’ll heal that much faster. Thinking of you.

There are always those who feel the need to interject a nothing useful that is just negative into a situation. Boo to her! Yay to Anthony!

4. kingmidget says:

Only in New York? “A masked woman comes in, her Louis Vuitton opened with a Yorkie, that could fit in your purse, peeking out.”

As for her opinion about pizza … some people are just wrong. That’s all. Pizza is the closest thing to perfect food there is.

5. Great story. “I so hate pizza,” was said by no other person on the planet, ever. Your friend is better off without that philistine. I don’t trust people who don’t like pizza.

6. robprice59 says:

It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same. That said, how could anyone not like pizza? There’s no accounting for taste. Can you believe: some people don’t even like me!? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anthony’s response is perfect and you know why? Because it’s one thing to maybe not dig it all that much. But to reach all the way into left field and then to keep right on flying out of the ballpark with a “soooooo hate” proclamation the way she did? Yeah, sorry . . that is Exhibit A as to what a mentally ill person would say.

8. Bye Bitch!
    I could have pizza every day while living happily ever after.

9. Geri Lawhon says:

Pizza is at the top of the food pyramid followed by bacon. What is wrong with that woman? Thanks for this post.