If My Feet Could Talk

When I went to see Vivet who does my nails figuring, I’d have to wait till August to get a pedicure since women’s toes are chomping at the bit, she surprised me when she said…

“I’m free now.”

I expected The Nail Nook to look like a scene from Ben Hur, but it was quiet.

“People are still afraid,” she said.

My feet however, laughed and said, “Not us baby.”

So masks in place like bank robbers at a spa, me and a chef, named Marcel, soaked like we won the Derby.

I’ve met Chef Marcel before after admiring his Louis satchel the size of a steer, a bag, he claims you can only order from Paris.

It didn’t sound right to me as we compared polish choices…Macaroon for him, Watermelon Pink for me, since short of a kidney, you can get anything on Amazon, but Connecticut naturally weighed in, zipping her naked lips.

Speaking of…will gloss be a thing of the past like dinosaurs and pay phones ya think, masks making it rather obsolete?

But hey, that’s another essay, and besides, lets stay where are feet are, as they recommend in 12 Step.

This entry was posted in Beauty, Culture, Fashion, food, humor, men, New York City, words and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to If My Feet Could Talk

How nice to have the tootsies taken care of. And it’s funny, I was thinking the same thing. Will all my lipsticks go bad from being abandoned?

2. You nailed that one, Susannah. I laughed when imagining everyone wearing masks in the nail salon.

3. aFrankAngle says:

Seems like a possible new mantra … Happy feet, happy SB.

4. Vasca says:

Need watermelon pink to make it through the day, right? First thing ‘ya know, the ‘whoever’s in charge at the moment’ will make the rule we gotta’ keep those toesies under cover. Oh, and keep ’em under cover! Whoops…under cover could be very entertaining. Stay in the pink, Susannah!

I polish my own toes since I would never subject anyone to my ugly toes. I went to two different podiatrists. It isn’t a fungus so there is nothing to be done except bury them in the sand at the beach, ha ha!

Liked by 2 people

• I’ve gotten mani/pedis, year round my whole life, maybe even as a baby. it was AMAZING to have to look at my feet, especially, like they moved to the Congo. I’ve been humbled, feet first. 🙂

• Vasca says:

I’m with you, Skinny! Last year my kids gave me a big gift certificate for pedicures. I made the one in charge promise she would not laugh or cry while looking at my feet/toes. She was so nice and funny! She said hers for the absolute worst ever! I don’t show my toes either! Way to go! Bury ’em!

6. Not being in the demographic where I allow anyone to touch my toenails, I’m glad this made you happy.

7. Clever Girl says:

Lip color will never be a thing of the past… and I cannot wait until this entire thing is behind us. But in the meantime, I’m enjoying the hell out driving with no traffic! Congrats on your toes 🙂

8. robprice59 says:

I’ve never had a pedicure. I had a manicure, just once, when I broke a couple of talons plastering, just my right hand. I needed falsies for an imminent gig. I really enjoyed the experience but twenty quid for five GRP pluckers seemed a bit steep.

9. Hahaha! I had my hooves tended to the other day as well. I’m not going to lie; it was better than sex.

Liked by 2 people