Recorded Events

images A baby raccoon in the Park, was going from tree to tree, clearly forgetting where he lived.

I so wanted to intervene and say, it’s happened to me many times, of course when I was 10 sheets to the wind that is.

A neighborhood garbage truck was parked on my corner with both collectors asleep.

I thought, what lazy men, until I saw they had a flat tire. As I padded by, the driver flipped open his eyes and said. “Good mornin,” before drifting off again.

How do you change a tire on that big of a truck, anyway…

With a crane?

images.jpeg

Jack, the German Shepherd, dropped off a pink rose, my favorite bloom, after babysitting him while his mom did an errand.

She kept saying, “Now Jack, behave. No funny business.”

I had visions of Jack hiding my wallet, or trying to yank my shorts down, but he was a perfect gentleman as we sat, side by side, on a bench sharing a box of Lorna Doones.

When a nosy woman went by and asked, why was he perched on the bench beside me, I said…

“Why? Because we’re dating, that’s why.”

That shut her right up. πŸ™‚Β  images-1.jpeg

This entry was posted in alcohol, animals, creative writing, friendship, humor, New York City, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Recorded Events

1. Who is not going to be on their best behavior around a box of Lorna Doones? Not Saint Jack, that’s for sure … lol!

2. aFrankAngle says:

Ah ha … a bit of your inner Connecticut at the end? Love the ending pic. Hi SB … hope all is well with you.

Your seemingly simple observations on your neighborhood are so poetic and captivating. I really enjoy your blog.

4. Vasca says:

Nothing like a box of Lorna Doones///they remain my favorites…yum-yum! Know you and Gentleman Jack had a sweet time together. Animals are awesome…’specially when you show ’em love, which you do. Thanks for this – started the day with happiness. Have a good one!

5. kingmidget says:

Jack is a handsome dude. Looks a lot like my son’s Gernan Shepherd — a dog named Kitty.

6. Would love a Lorna Doone and cup of coffee. Nice response to the woman. I guess she earned that one. Have a super day.

7. You shut her up in a lovely way. Leave it to you for the perfect touch!

My dad loved Lorna Doones with fresh strawberries. You had yours with “fresh” words.

Lorna Doones speak the language of love so beautifully.

That Jack, he really is on top of his game.

9. Eilene Lyon says:

Your comeback and Jack’s expression are both priceless!

• Only in New York would someone feel it’s their business to show disdain because an animal sat on a park bench. I’m surprised she didn’t ask, why he wasn’t in a mask. Mine was around my neck since, you can’t very well eat cookies, wrapped like a mummy. But he was her focus, not me. And he’s such a sweetie. I mean, he takes everything on his noble chin.

A lovely observation nap piece.
    And what was it to Herz anyway? Excellent response.

11. robprice59 says:

My Susannah, you sail a very large vessel. Ten sheets! I’m used to genoa, main and spinnaker. Can’t cope with more than that.

12. That Jack is a handsome boy. πŸ™‚