We Have A New President

“It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids: ‘Character matters, it matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.’

Van Jones   November 7, 2020

HEAR HEAR!!!   SB

This entry was posted in Beauty, Culture, Faith, Family, grace, Gratitude, History, humanity, inspiration, media, Politics, words, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to We Have A New President

I am hopefully optimistic. I love Biden as a person, praying I will love him as my president.

2. kingmidget says:

I’m a pessimistic optimist, or an optimistic pessimist. Or something like that. I’m thrilled that President Trump appears to be done. Thrilled that we will no longer have the most corrupt, incompetent, indecent man in the highest office of the land. But I also have witnessed too much division growing over the last 30 years to have any optimism that anybody can heal the rift. Republicans will not accept Biden as President and will not reach out to join hands when Biden tries to find a unifying path forward.

• Yeah, McConnell has already been his assholic self, saying, Joe’s cabinet will be automatically rejected. What a schmuck. But you know Midget, we have to have hope…high hopes, like the song says. We wouldn’t have any if it went the other way.

• kingmidget says:

I believe there are a couple of Republicans who will join Democrats in confirming Biden appointments. Romney, maybe Collins, Murkowski, one or two others. But McConnell is going to try to keep them from even coming to a vote. At some point, the American people have to be able to make him pay for his obstruction. I wish the Georgia runoffs were a little later in the year so people could witness the obstruction before voting in those two races.

• Fox just put up the plans they have to question all the key states. Guiliani leading the charge, the schmuck that he is, and to think I heralded him so, during 9/11. Well, we must consider how our fellow fellows are fragmented doing what they do, at various times. I’m just so hungry for more integrity. Want to see it, want to feel it, want to watch it walk down the Capitol steps. Oh Midget…sigh

• kingmidget says:

Yeah. Giuliani had a sterling reputation and he’s just got crazier and crazier and more nakedly corrupt as the years roll by.

I’d like a little more integrity and collaboration and grace from our leaders. But you know what … they’re kind of a reflection of America, aren’t they? There is a whole lot of hypocrisy and ignorance going on. And ain’t just on the right.

• I’m left searching for words to waltz with yours, but cannot. America has been truant in her nobleness and patriotism I’m hoping will make a comeback. I’ve already read some of the editorials of what the trumpets are planning. The continued unrest, taking the focus off this plague that’s gaining ground. His last couple months in office will be a washout and frankly, the peacock that he is will leave plucked of his feathers, and I say that sadly, since, he’ll harass and torment till the very end. Shame on him and his army of agitators, some I even know. sigh

• kingmidget says:

Yes. Far too many people believe chaos and division and anger are a better world than unity and respect and collaboration. Unfortunately, those of us who believe in the latter are not doing so well against the former. It’s exhausting.

• But at least we’re back in a neutral place. There’s hope in beginning again. In 12 Step they tell you, if you’re having a bad day, just start it over again, where you are. We’ve had a bad 4 years, so we’re beginning again, right where we are. 🙂

• Is there an email I can write to you on? I have a ?. If it’s invading your privacy, I’ll understand.

That was an emotional bit by Van Jones!
    Sending well wishes to all my American friends, hoping they can come together and help this new president rebuild.

4. Joyous thought, Susannah. Let’s hope Joe delivers on the honesty promise. 😊

5. Vasca says:

For better or for worse, we seem to have a new president. Time will tell – whatever comes along I plan to be respectful, kind and loving in all things…to all people. That’s extremely important…it molds ones’ character.

6. A. Swanson says:

My heart leapt with joy at the sight of people celebrating Joe and Kamala’s election. How moving! Hope has replaced dread at the thought of enduring four more years. Just pray that the leaders can all come together in that same spirit. We have too much to rebuild as a country for Congress to remain divided and set toward obstructing the new president’s efforts to move forward and heal our people; our environment; …and our world. May God move their consciences toward doing the right thing:)

It’s really over?

I mean, I know it is. But I guess I just have seen too many horror movies . . .

8. I like the Jackie meme. I know, right? Maybe Jill Biden will restore it. That’s a great quote from Van Jones too. I saw that video and it was very moving to see him tear up talking about his kids.