Tales From The Front

I’ve always wondered what it’s like to have really big boobs, the kind Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield had.

A sweater girl, as they were called in the 40s and 50s. One who filled hers out like nobody’s business.

I’m built more like an ironing board, however, do have other assets so, it’s not as if I’m asking Santa for knockers, which nowadays he could produce fairly easily, well at least the name of a good plastic surgeon, hopefully with a groupon.

You can always tell who bought theirs since they’re featured like trophies fastened to your chest.

The girl who’s had them all along, keeps them under wraps, vavavooming only for special occasions.

I will say, they never have to worry about getting a Saturday night date, or one Sunday through Friday either. And to quote my quip of a mother, men walk backwards to get a better look.

Now that I think about it more, would you excuse me?

I think I’ll write a note to Santa.

Hmm, there is that doctor I like on Park.

Silliness refreshes a girl.

SB  🙂

This entry was posted in Beauty, Culture, humor, nature, Women and men, words, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Tales From The Front

1. It’s good to keep some things close to your chest. 😉

2. A Groupon?? Seems to me it would more likely be a grope-on. Keep the silliness coming. It beats news of the virus.

Susannah, I’ve been at both ends of the spectrum. 32B to overflowing 36C. Medium (34C) was best. Of course, medium was fleeting. Feast or famine. As a 32B I could wear anything. Now, lots of dresses fit perfect everywhere except for the top. I am no longer waif-like.
    In my mid 40s I finally began gaining weight. I slowly added 20 pounds to my Twiggyish 100 pounds. It was wonderful! Everything I ever wished for. Then in my mid 50s the weight shifted, the toned body turned to mush, and I am still bemoaning my brief moment of glory, ha ha!
    Pookie says it’s a good thing I didn’t have knockers when I was younger or I just would have gotten into trouble!

• That Pookie is such a sage. Love…brief moment of glory. I’m sure you had many moments Madam, and they weren’t all that brief. I’m bettin’. 🙂

• skinnyuz2b says:

I met Pookie when I was 28. I kept telling him my lady berries were growing. When that finally began happening in my mid forties I couldn’t wait to say, “See, I told you so.” All these years later I often repeat those words when we are dressing. His response is ,”You never told me how long it would take!”
        As for moments, you’re right, I had plenty. Maybe too many, but I’d do it all again.

• I just finished a new little bio on Dolly Parton called, She Come by it Natural, that was so great. Speaking of boobs. You’d like it. It was a serialized article they put in book form. Never realized what a philanthropist she was. Impressive.

4. Vasca says:

I agree with the first comment; it truly is good to keep some things close to the chest.
    No matter how big or small the issue…’specially when involving your besties.

5. Got a kick out of this post, Susannah. My youngest daughter asked me to gift her an enhancement. I told her at the time (I think she was nineteen or so) that if she still wanted the procedure once she was twenty-one I would buy. At some point, she found out the benefit of a petite small wardrobe and never asked again. She is now 31.

No tit for tat here, and I promise not to make a boob of myself, but Imma be upfront with you on this. Don’t go changing SB! Your style and your cheeky ways cannot be manufactured, and are far more attractive and enticing than all that fake business.

Liked by 2 people

All through high school, they called me Olive Oyl. And then something happened. And then I had my first kid and the girls entered the room five minutes before I did (stated with nary an exaggeration). It ain’t fun, they are heavy and I even considered, three kids and ten years later, to have them picked up – when the doctor said that he’d remove 1/3 of them coz they’ll just fall right back down. Apparently, I could have them done and they’d be covered but honestly? at this point? Meh. Enjoy your little boobies; you’re freed from backaches and popping buttons on your nice Oxford shirt.

Liked by 2 people

8. robprice59 says:

As most men, I like breasts. I think that’s perfectly natural. But, for me, they are way down the list of what makes a beautiful woman beautiful. And I believe there is, generally, a play-off between breast size and waist size. Given the choice, I’d opt for a waspy waist every time.

9. kingmidget says:

I tried to comment on this yesterday when I first read it, but somehow I failed at that simple task. Probably too distracted by the idea of breasts. 😉 Anyway …

I won’t deny that I have occasionally “walked backward,” but it isn’t always about the breasts. And for me big breasts aren’t the most attractive thing in the world. Sometimes it is something else that causes my backwardness. A few years ago, I was at lunch with a friend. At the table next to us, there was a young woman with a sleeveless top that revealed her shoulders. I absolutely could not take my eyes off her shoulders. They were the most incredible things I had ever seen. Shoulders!

Meanwhile, back in my 20s, I was involved with a woman who defended her smaller breast size by quoting the French, who apparently believe that the perfect breast is one that can fit in a champagne glass. I thought her breasts were perfect, by the way, and for me, none of the physical details matter as much as attitude and confidence.

10. I’m a smile guy myself. Nothing more attractive about a woman than a warm, genuine smile. 🙂