Best Story of the Week…January 22nd

I stop at the corner of 88th and Third, pull my mask down to quickly blow my nose.

A middle-aged woman in a snowsuit, is wielding a red wagon right towards me with a cat in it, wearing a ski sweater as if they’re headed to Aspen.

She abruptly halts, hollering, “PUT YOUR MASK ON…NOW!”

Shocked into silence, looking at the cat looking at me as if to say…”OY, now you know what I go through.”

I regain my wits before taking flight, wishing I could have taken kitty with me, shaking my head in wonder, but…

then remember where I am….the Circus Capital of the World, recalling the good old days when you could blow your nose, without getting a ticket.

Only in New York folks…only in New York.Β Β

This entry was posted in animals, Culture, humanity, humor, New York City, Politics, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Best Story of the Week…January 22nd

That cat is probably the only one to tolerate clothing without being drugged. Or maybe he was. Cats just don’t wear clothes.
    I haven’t seen an adult wearing a snowsuit unless they’re skiing or snowmobiling. What adult walks around NYC in a snowsuit? And pulling a cat in a wagon to boot!
    Susannah, you can hide out here if the Covid police start closing in on you.

2. robprice59 says:

Excess snot has to be more of a threat than breathing sans mask, surely? πŸ˜‰

People have straight out lost their minds…

4. The nose knows that your action is ok. Hachoooo!

5. May you blow in peace!

6. Hard to even comment on the woman. A start would be, “Hey Miss Piggy. Mind your own business.”

I call it pandemic paranoia when people act like that.

I ran into an old friend of mine recently whilst shopping. She wasn’t wearing a mask and neither was her teenage daughter. After a brief how do, I moved on. It was obviously NOT one of those “I forgot my mask” moments and truth be told, it was awkward.

That said, where did this lady expect you were going to blow your nose? Unbelievable.

9. Dear Lord … The poor cat probably screams “WHY 9 LIVES WHY?!” every damn day! I’m glad you kept your claws to yourself, but I know it couldn’t have been easy.

10. equinoxio21 says:

Only in NY. But there ain’t no other place like New York. (Get out of my way!)
    It is one of my top five cities in the world.
    Take care.