The Presidential Peanut Gallery

I couldn’t help getting teary when I saw the art President Biden chose for the Oval Office.

A President can hang artwork from the White House’s own collection, or borrow from museums for his term in office.

President Obama had Lincoln, while President Trump chose Andrew Jackson.

I found that interesting since, one freed the slaves, while the other killed all the Indians, but back to Joe who replaced Andy with Ben Franklin.

YES!!!  A major hero of mine.

He has all my heroes around him, including Abe, FDR, and busts of Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy.

He even has Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton purposely paired, to show, two men with opposing views can still agree to disagree.

He also brought back, Childe Hassem’s 1917 painting…

Avenue in the Rain, that JFK favored along with Presidents Obama and Clinton.

I have a poster of it framed in my living room that never fails to trigger a smile and on occasion, a salute.

I’m just happy my new President feels the same way that I do about those who, armed with great patriotism, came before him.

God Bless America, finally.

SB  🙂

This entry was posted in art, Beauty, Books, Culture, Faith, grace, Gratitude, History, humanity, inspiration, Politics, readng, words, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to The Presidential Peanut Gallery

How interesting is that? You can definitely get an idea of a person by the art they favour. (I.was going to say judge but that would be judgmental 🙂)

Susannah, I am so hopeful for the next four years (maybe eight). I was so disillusioned and disappointed with the last four years. Let’s pray that President Biden’s choice of art to surround himself with is an indication of things to come.

3. kingmidget says:

That Trump had Andrew Jackson on the wall says everything you need to know about who and what he was.

4. I would love to be able to pick out beautiful art from the National or Portrait Gallery. It would be hard to choose, but I would start with Degas. Here is a National Gallery virtual tour of Degas at the opera. https://www.nga.gov/features/degas-virtual-tour.html

5. equinoxio21 says:

God bless indeed. Welcome back America.

What we choose to have in our home (or office) does tell a lot about us.

• You’re right. I just read that if someone’s car is full of junk and needs a good cleaning, it tells you all about the person’s life who owns it. An unrelated fact, but you inspired the thought. Not a bad thing to inspire, right? 🙂

How could I possibly be surprised that Trump had Jackson? I didn’t know it, but I’m not surprised.

8. Cheers to you…and our country.

9. I was watching a piece on my local news about this and was so happy to see that Ben, a Philly native, made the cut. I have a soft spot for him too!