Best Story of the Week…January 28th

As they say, timing is everything, so while being sad over the passing of Lou, the Irish Setter, I received an invitation.

You are cordially invited to my birthday party on Saturday, January 30th, at 1:00 P.M.

Due to social distancing it will be held outdoors at the Alice in Wonderland Statue in Central Park by the 72nd Street Boat Pond.

In lieu of gifts, please give a donation to the Humane Society in my name.

It’s where I came from.

Cookies, cake and biscuits will be served.

Don’t forget your mask.

RSVP

Love,

Jack

Nature…she always restores what she takes away.

SB 🙂

This entry was posted in animals, Culture, Faith, friendship, grace, humanity, humor, inspiration, Love, New York City, words, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Best Story of the Week…January 28th

Yes, so perfect, Susannah. And what a great suggestion for a gift. Have a wonderful doggy party! I can’t wait to hear about it.
    My 6 yr old grandson and I took turns reading ‘Go Dog, Go’ yesterday. I’m picturing the ending with I giant dog party.

• It’s a real mood changer, I know, and he’s the sweetest dog. Has had a rough time since he was a puppy in his Shepherdom. He’s got the personality of Cocker Spaniel whose feeling get hurt easily. Hitler ruined their reputations. So unfair.

How wonderful is that?

3. The invitation came at the right time for sure. Happy Birthday to Jack. 😁

4. kingmidget says:

My son has a German Shepherd that was a rescue dog. She is the sweetest, most gentle dog I’ve ever come across.

Enjoy the party!

How thoughtful of Jack to have a party that gives to the Humane Society. Definitely a kind shepherd. Have a good time celebrating your friend.

6. It has been years since I visited NYC and the lovely spot in Central Park. May you know that u will be there in spirit from Alaska.

7. robprice59 says:

Enjoy!

It’s that divine circle that waits not and wants for nothing. But to it we can always allow ourselves to be taught the value of the time we’re given. Thing is, we have to be fully accountable and open to the idea that we’re just renting.

Here’s to the invitations that let us know it’s gonna be alright.

9. equinoxio21 says:

Joyeux anniversaire ‘Susanne’…
    I don’t think I can make it what with planes, masks, visas and all.
    But you just made my day. I love that particular spot in Central Park. Been too long since I’ve been to New York. What a shame.
    Having said that, as Brits say: ‘Many, many happy returns of the day’ 🎂

10. Who could deny an invitation from those ears? I hope you had a good time.